Should I remove Toshiba Start?
What percent of users and experts removed it?
42% remove it58% keep it
What do people think about it?
(click star to rate)
How common is it?
Global Rank #5,540
United States Rank #3,006
Installation trends (last 30 days)
Uninstallation trends (last 30 days)
Lifespan of installation (until removal)
< 7.39 days
218.00 days >
Average installed length: 114.54 days
What is Toshiba Start?
This is a white labeled version of Pokki.
About (from SweetLabs)
Easily access apps, websites, and real-time notifications with the Pokki Menu. Pin and organize your favorite apps and websites just like you would on your smartphone.
Toshiba Start is a software program developed by SweetLabs. It adds registry entry for the current user which will allow the program to automatically start each time it is rebooted. The primary executable is named pokki.exe. The setup package generally installs about 24 files and is usually about 63.08 MB (66,142,576 bytes). The installed file HostAppServiceUpdater.exe is the auto-update component of the program which is designed to check for software updates and notify and apply them when new versions are discovered. Relative to the overall usage of users who have this installed on their PCs, most are running Windows 8 and Windows 8. While about 94% of users of Toshiba Start come from the United States, it is also popular in Mexico and Ecuador.
Displayed publisher: Pokki
Installation folder: C:\users\user\appdata\local\pokki\engine
Uninstaller: "C:\users\user\appdata\Local\Pokki\Engine\pokki.exe" /UNINSTALLb52b7a05ea010d22183cece45cbb6e86cf917a76
Estimated size: 63.08 MB
Files installed by Toshiba Start
3 Startup Files (User Run)
- HostAppServiceUpdater.exe is loaded in the current user (HKCU) registry as an auto-starting executable named 'Pokki' and executes as "C:\users\user\appdata\Local\Pokki\Engine\HostAppServiceUpdater.exe" /LOGON.
- pokki.exe is loaded in the current user (HKCU) registry as an auto-starting executable named 'pokki.exe' and executes as C:\users\user\appdata\Local\Pokki\Engine\pokki.exe.
- Launcher.dll is loaded in the current user (HKCU) registry as an auto-starting executable named 'Pokki' and executes as C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe "C:\users\user\appdata\Local\Pokki\Engine\Launcher.dll",RunLaunchPlatform.
2 Startup Files (User Run Once)
- pokki.exe is loaded once in the current user (HKCU) registry as a startup file name 'Application Restart #4' which loads as C:\users\user\appdata\Local\Pokki\Engine\pokki.exe /openb52b7a05ea010d22183cece45cbb6e86cf917a76 --disable-internal-flash --noerrdialogs --no-message-box --disable-extensions --disable-web-security -.
- HostAppService.exe is loaded once in the current user (HKCU) registry as a startup file name 'Application Restart #1' which loads as C:\users\user\appdata\Local\Pokki\Engine\HostAppService.exe --disable-internal-flash --noerrdialogs --no-message-box --disable-extensions --disable-web-security --disable-web-resources --disable-clie.
- pokki.exe connects to www2.twitter.com (126.96.36.199 port 443).
Resource utilization averages
Show technical details
|I/O reads/min:||932.54 KB|
|I/O writes/min:||217.3 KB|
How do I remove Toshiba Start?
Quickly and completely remove Toshiba Start from your computer by downloading "Should I Remove It?", its 100% FREE and installs in seconds (click the button below).
Or, you can uninstall Toshiba Start from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
When you find the program Toshiba Start, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove Toshiba Start.
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
PC BRAND OF CHOICE
Win 8 100%
Win 8.1 0%
WHEN IT STARTS
(Found in the run registry)
Which Windows OS versions does it run on?
Which OS releases does it run on?
|Windows 10 Home
|Windows 8 Single Language
|Windows 8.1 Pro
|Windows 8.1 Single Langua...
94.05% of installs come from the United States
Which countries install it?
| United States
| Saudi Arabia
| Costa Rica
| United Arab Emirates
SweetLabs has two platforms, Pokki, a platform which brings media-rich web apps to the desktop and the OpenCandy Software Network, which offers installer based software bundles through the download and installation process.
Publisher URL: www.pokki.com