Should I remove Gateway Games?
What percent of users and experts removed it?
42% remove it58% keep it
What do people think about it?
(click star to rate)
How common is it?
Global Rank #22,193
United States Rank #16,024
Installation trends (last 30 days)
Lifespan of installation (until removal)
< 5.09 days
150.18 days >
Average installed length: 78.91 days
What is Gateway Games?
This is a white labeled version of Pokki for games packaghed with various models of Gateway PCs.
About (from SweetLabs)
Easily access apps, websites, and real-time notifications with the Pokki Menu. Pin and organize your favorite apps and websites just like you would on your smartphone.
Gateway Games is a software program developed by SweetLabs. The most common release is 126.96.36.199466, with over 98% of all installations currently using this version. It adds registry entry for the current user which will allow the program to automatically start each time it is rebooted. The setup package generally installs about 18 files and is usually about 95.75 MB (100,398,017 bytes). The installed file HostAppServiceUpdater.exe is the auto-update component of the program which is designed to check for software updates and notify and apply them when new versions are discovered. Relative to the overall usage of those who have this installed, most are running it on Windows 8. While about 80% of users of Gateway Games come from the United States, it is also popular in Canada and Mexico.
Displayed publisher: Pokki
Installation folder: C:\users\user\appdata\local\pokki\engine
Uninstaller: "C:\users\user\appdata\Local\Pokki\Engine\pokki.exe" /UNINSTALL9a4324f00d4f0f3e5795bc8a599c0551ac01936f
Estimated size: 95.75 MB
Files installed by Gateway Games
3 Startup Files (User Run)
- Launcher.dll is loaded in the current user (HKCU) registry as an auto-starting executable named 'Pokki' and executes as C:\Windows\system32\rundll32.exe "C:\users\user\appdata\Local\Pokki\Engine\Launcher.dll",RunLaunchPlatform.
- HostAppServiceUpdater.exe is loaded in the current user (HKCU) registry as an auto-starting executable named 'Pokki' and executes as "C:\users\user\appdata\Local\Pokki\Engine\HostAppServiceUpdater.exe" /LOGON.
- pokki.exe is loaded in the current user (HKCU) registry as an auto-starting executable named 'pokki.exe' and executes as C:\users\user\appdata\Local\Pokki\Engine\pokki.exe.
2 Startup Files (User Run Once)
- pokki.exe is loaded once in the current user (HKCU) registry as a startup file name 'Application Restart #1' which loads as C:\users\user\appdata\Local\Pokki\Engine\pokki.exe --disable-internal-flash --noerrdialogs --no-message-box --disable-extensions --disable-web-security --disable-web-resources --disable-client-side-p.
- HostAppService.exe is loaded once in the current user (HKCU) registry as a startup file name 'Application Restart #6' which loads as C:\users\user\appdata\Local\Pokki\Engine\HostAppService.exe --disable-internal-flash --noerrdialogs --no-message-box --disable-extensions --disable-web-security --disable-web-resources --disable-clie.
- pokki.exe connects to www2.twitter.com (188.8.131.52 port 443).
Resource utilization averages
Show technical details
|I/O reads/min:||932.54 KB|
|I/O writes/min:||217.3 KB|
How do I remove Gateway Games?
Quickly and completely remove Gateway Games from your computer by downloading "Should I Remove It?", its 100% FREE and installs in seconds (click the button below).
Or, you can uninstall Gateway Games from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
When you find the program Gateway Games, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove Gateway Games.
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
PC BRAND OF CHOICE
WHEN IT STARTS
(Found in the run registry)
Uninstall it 42%
Keep it 58%
79.51% of installs come from the United States
Which countries install it?
| United States
| New Zealand
SweetLabs has two platforms, Pokki, a platform which brings media-rich web apps to the desktop and the OpenCandy Software Network, which offers installer based software bundles through the download and installation process.
Publisher URL: www.pokki.com