Should I remove Wikihow?
What percent of users and experts removed it?
22% remove it78% keep it
What do people think about it?
(click star to rate)
How common is it?
What is Wikihow?
This is a desktop app for the Pokki platform that runs as an embedded HTML5 program within the Pokki mobile app-like interface. Pokki Software automatically collects usage information with respect to particular Pokki Apps.
About (from SweetLabs)
The wikiHow app gives you over 150,000 how-to guides. Learn how to do anything from wikiHow, the world’s leading how-to guide. Read or watch step-by-step instructions on every imaginable topic. Become the DIY master of anything, instantly.
Upon installation, it defines an auto-start registry entry which allows the program run on each boot for the user which installed it. The software installer includes 19 files and is usually about 108.13 MB (113,387,572 bytes). ServiceHostAppUpdater.exe is the automatic update component of the software designed to download and apply new updates should new versions be released.
Installation folder: C:\users\user\appdata\local\pokki\engine
Uninstaller: "C:\users\user\appdata\Local\Pokki\Engine\HostAppService.exe" /UNINSTALL104d581f872200c24bd6b706111358bb4c3c2239
Estimated size: 108.13 MB
Files installed by Wikihow
Scheduled Task (Boot/Login)
- ServiceHostAppUpdater.exe is automatically launched at startup through a scheduled task named SweetLabs App Platform.
Startup File (User Run)
- Launcher.dll is loaded in the current user (HKCU) registry as an auto-starting executable named 'Pokki' and executes as C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe "C:\users\user\appdata\Local\Pokki\Engine\Launcher.dll",RunLaunchPlatform.
2 Startup Files (User Run Once)
- ServiceHostApp.exe is loaded once in the current user (HKCU) registry as a startup file name 'Application Restart #6' which loads as C:\users\user\appdata\Local\Pokki\Engine\ServiceHostApp.exe --disable-internal-flash --noerrdialogs --no-message-box --disable-extensions --disable-web-security --disable-web-resources --disable-clie.
- HostAppService.exe is loaded once in the current user (HKCU) registry as a startup file name 'Application Restart #11' which loads as C:\users\user\appdata\Local\Pokki\Engine\HostAppService.exe --disable-internal-flash --noerrdialogs --no-message-box --disable-extensions --disable-web-security --disable-web-resources --disable-clie.
Resource utilization averages
Show technical details
|I/O reads/min:||12.54 KB|
|I/O writes/min:||2.31 KB|
|I/O reads/min:||109.91 KB|
|I/O writes/min:||106.14 KB|
How do I remove Wikihow?
Quickly and completely remove Wikihow from your computer by downloading "Should I Remove It?", its 100% FREE and installs in seconds (click the button below).
Or, you can uninstall Wikihow from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
When you find the program Wikihow, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove Wikihow.
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
WHEN IT STARTS
(Found in the run registry)
Uninstall it 22%
Keep it 78%
MOST USED OS
90.00% of installs come from the United States
Which countries install it?
| United States
What PC manufacturers (OEMs) have it installed?
|Acer Aspire E5-511
SweetLabs has two platforms, Pokki, a platform which brings media-rich web apps to the desktop and the OpenCandy Software Network, which offers installer based software bundles through the download and installation process.
Publisher URL: www.pokki.com