Should I remove The Weather Channel?
What percent of users and experts removed it?
27% remove it73% keep it
What do people think about it?
(click star to rate)
How common is it?
United States Rank #33,842
Lifespan of installation (until removal)
< 99.77 days
389.07 days >
Average installed length: 204.43 days
The Weather Channel
What is The Weather Channel?
The Weather Channel is a desktop app for the Pokki platform that runs as an embedded HTML5 program within the Pokki mobile app-like interface. Pokki Software automatically collects usage information with respect to particular Pokki Apps.
It adds registry entry for the current user which will allow the program to automatically start each time it is rebooted. The setup package generally installs about 20 files and is usually about 106.97 MB (112,169,240 bytes). The installed file HostAppServiceUpdater.exe is the auto-update component of the program which is designed to check for software updates and notify and apply them when new versions are discovered.
Installation folder: C:\users\user\appdata\local\pokki\engine
Uninstaller: "C:\users\user\appdata\Local\Pokki\Engine\HostAppService.exe" /UNINSTALL66f3ce0b4eb3105471521abfb368ac0dbe300a7f
Estimated size: 106.97 MB
Files installed by The Weather Channel
2 Scheduled Tasks (Boot/Login)
- ServiceHostAppUpdater.exe is automatically launched at startup through a scheduled task named SweetLabs App Platform.
- HostAppServiceUpdater.exe is automatically launched at startup through a scheduled task named Pokki_Reg_HKCURun_S-1-5-21-2475710725-4113460478-2195723455-1001.
2 Startup Files (User Run)
- HostAppServiceUpdater.exe is loaded in the current user (HKCU) registry as an auto-starting executable named 'Pokki' and executes as "C:\users\user\appdata\Local\Pokki\Engine\HostAppServiceUpdater.exe" /LOGON.
- Launcher.dll is loaded in the current user (HKCU) registry as an auto-starting executable named 'Pokki' and executes as C:\Windows\system32\rundll32.exe "C:\users\user\appdata\Local\Pokki\Engine\Launcher.dll",RunLaunchPlatform.
2 Startup Files (User Run Once)
- HostAppService.exe is loaded once in the current user (HKCU) registry as a startup file name 'Application Restart #11' which loads as C:\users\user\appdata\Local\Pokki\Engine\HostAppService.exe --disable-internal-flash --noerrdialogs --no-message-box --disable-extensions --disable-web-security --disable-web-resources --disable-clie.
- ServiceHostApp.exe is loaded once in the current user (HKCU) registry as a startup file name 'Application Restart #6' which loads as C:\users\user\appdata\Local\Pokki\Engine\ServiceHostApp.exe --disable-internal-flash --noerrdialogs --no-message-box --disable-extensions --disable-web-security --disable-web-resources --disable-clie.
Resource utilization averages
Show technical details
|I/O reads/min:||12.54 KB|
|I/O writes/min:||2.31 KB|
|I/O reads/min:||1 MB|
|I/O writes/min:||10.83 KB|
How do I remove The Weather Channel?
Quickly and completely remove The Weather Channel from your computer by downloading "Should I Remove It?", its 100% FREE and installs in seconds (click the button below).
Or, you can uninstall The Weather Channel from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
When you find the program The Weather Channel, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove The Weather Channel.
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
WHEN IT STARTS
(Found in the run registry)
Uninstall it 27%
Keep it 73%
MOST USED OS
88.00% of installs come from the United States
Which countries install it?
| United States
| United Kingdom
What PC manufacturers (OEMs) have it installed?
|Acer Aspire E5-571
|Acer Aspire E5-511
|TOSHIBA Satellite L15W-B
|TOSHIBA Satellite C75D-B
|TOSHIBA Satellite C55D-B
SweetLabs has two platforms, Pokki, a platform which brings media-rich web apps to the desktop and the OpenCandy Software Network, which offers installer based software bundles through the download and installation process.
Publisher URL: www.pokki.com