Should I remove Meetup?
What percent of users and experts removed it?
22% remove it78% keep it
What do people think about it?
(click star to rate)
How common is it?
What is Meetup?
Meetup is an app for the Pokki desktop platform. The app itself runs as an embedded HTML5 program within the Pokki software outside of the web browser.
Upon installation and setup, it defines an auto-start registry entry which makes this program run on each Windows boot for all user logins. The software installer includes 20 files and is usually about 103.13 MB (108,140,648 bytes). HostAppServiceUpdater.exe is the automatic update component of the software designed to download and apply new updates should new versions be released.
Installation folder: C:\users\user\appdata\local\pokki\engine
Uninstaller: "C:\users\user\appdata\Local\Pokki\Engine\HostAppService.exe" /UNINSTALLc87681d442204f56bef803ad1b29e207f5dbfd17
Estimated size: 103.13 MB
Files installed by Meetup
2 Scheduled Tasks (Boot/Login)
- ServiceHostAppUpdater.exe is automatically launched at startup through a scheduled task named Pokki.
- HostAppServiceUpdater.exe is automatically launched at startup through a scheduled task named Pokki.
2 Startup Files (User Run)
- Launcher.dll is loaded in the current user (HKCU) registry as an auto-starting executable named 'Pokki' and executes as C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe "C:\users\user\appdata\Local\Pokki\Engine\Launcher.dll",RunLaunchPlatform.
- HostAppServiceUpdater.exe is loaded in the current user (HKCU) registry as an auto-starting executable named 'Pokki' and executes as "C:\users\user\appdata\Local\Pokki\Engine\HostAppServiceUpdater.exe" /LOGON.
2 Startup Files (User Run Once)
- ServiceHostApp.exe is loaded once in the current user (HKCU) registry as a startup file name 'Application Restart #6' which loads as C:\users\user\appdata\Local\Pokki\Engine\ServiceHostApp.exe --disable-internal-flash --noerrdialogs --no-message-box --disable-extensions --disable-web-security --disable-web-resources --disable-clie.
- HostAppService.exe is loaded once in the current user (HKCU) registry as a startup file name 'Application Restart #8' which loads as C:\users\user\appdata\Local\Pokki\Engine\HostAppService.exe --disable-internal-flash --noerrdialogs --no-message-box --disable-extensions --disable-web-security --disable-web-resources --disable-clie.
Startup File (All Users Run)
- Launcher.dll is loaded in the all users (HKLM) registry as a startup file name 'Pokki' which loads as C:\Windows\system32\rundll32.exe "C:\users\user\appdata\Local\Pokki\Engine\Launcher.dll",RunLaunchPlatform.
How do I remove Meetup?
Quickly and completely remove Meetup from your computer by downloading "Should I Remove It?", its 100% FREE and installs in seconds (click the button below).
Or, you can uninstall Meetup from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
When you find the program Meetup, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove Meetup.
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
HOW IT STARTS
Automatically starts? Yes
(Found in the run registry)
Uninstall it 22%
Keep it 78%
MOST USED OS
100.00% of installs come from the United States
Which countries install it?
What PC manufacturers (OEMs) have it installed?
|Acer Aspire E5-571
SweetLabs has two platforms, Pokki, a platform which brings media-rich web apps to the desktop and the OpenCandy Software Network, which offers installer based software bundles through the download and installation process.
Publisher URL: www.pokki.com