Should I remove Basecamp?
What percent of users and experts removed it?
21% remove it79% keep it
What do people think about it?
(click star to rate)
How common is it?
What is Basecamp?
Basecamp is an app for the Pokki desktop platform. The app itself runs as an embedded HTML5 program within the Pokki software outside of the web browser.
It adds registry entry for the current user which will allow the program to automatically start each time it is rebooted. The setup package generally installs about 17 files and is usually about 98.57 MB (103,358,755 bytes). The installed file HostAppServiceUpdater.exe is the auto-update component of the program which is designed to check for software updates and notify and apply them when new versions are discovered.
Installation folder: C:\users\user\appdata\local\pokki\engine
Uninstaller: "C:\users\user\appdata\Local\Pokki\Engine\HostAppService.exe" /UNINSTALLb078c3c700fa25bf16984d362c6983b88e9ed461
Estimated size: 98.57 MB
Files installed by Basecamp
Scheduled Task (Boot/Login)
- HostAppServiceUpdater.exe is automatically launched at startup through a scheduled task named Pokki.
2 Startup Files (User Run)
- HostAppServiceUpdater.exe is loaded in the current user (HKCU) registry as an auto-starting executable named 'Pokki' and executes as "C:\users\user\appdata\Local\Pokki\Engine\HostAppServiceUpdater.exe" /LOGON.
- Launcher.dll is loaded in the current user (HKCU) registry as an auto-starting executable named 'Pokki' and executes as C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe "C:\users\user\appdata\Local\Pokki\Engine\Launcher.dll",RunLaunchPlatform.
Startup File (User Run Once)
- HostAppService.exe is loaded once in the current user (HKCU) registry as a startup file name 'Application Restart #7' which loads as C:\users\user\appdata\Local\Pokki\Engine\HostAppService.exe --disable-internal-flash --noerrdialogs --no-message-box --disable-extensions --disable-web-security --disable-web-resources --disable-clie.
How do I remove Basecamp?
Quickly and completely remove Basecamp from your computer by downloading "Should I Remove It?", its 100% FREE and installs in seconds (click the button below).
Or, you can uninstall Basecamp from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
When you find the program Basecamp, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove Basecamp.
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
WHEN IT STARTS
(Found in the run registry)
Uninstall it 21%
Keep it 79%
MOST USED OS
100.00% of installs come from the United States
Which countries install it?
What PC manufacturers (OEMs) have it installed?
SweetLabs has two platforms, Pokki, a platform which brings media-rich web apps to the desktop and the OpenCandy Software Network, which offers installer based software bundles through the download and installation process.
Publisher URL: www.pokki.com