Should I remove atualizador Foxit PDF Creator Toolbar Updater?
What percent of users and experts removed it?
77% remove it23% keep it
What do people think about it?
(click star to rate)
How common is it?
atualizador Foxit PDF Creator Toolbar Updater
What is atualizador Foxit PDF Creator Toolbar Updater?
atualizador Foxit PDF Creator Toolbar Updater is an Ask.com powered toolbar update mechanism that is designed to keep the branded toolbar up to date. The Ask Toolbar is a web-browser add-on that can appear as an extra bar added to the browser's window and/or menu. It is often installed during the installation of 3rd party software. Ask.com has entered into partnerships with some software security vendors, whereby they are paid to distribute the toolbar alongside their software. When you use the Toolbar to submit a query, the Toolbar forwards such query information to Ask servers. Ask.com uses this information to process your web search requests and to return a search results page to you.
About (from Ask.com)
The ASK Updater is a client application that came with your Ask Toolbar. The Updater's job is to keep your Toolbar up to date to provide you with new features and to increase compatibility. The ASK Updater may also remind you to upgrade certain features of your Windows computer such as browsers, and other optional Micr... Read more
- Malware detected in the program
- Starts automatically
- Integrates into the web browser
- The experts agree, you should remove it!
, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in atualizador Foxit PDF Creator Toolbar Updater.
|Updater.exe (31b522014fc560c122cdfa72d47ca940) has been flagged by the following 2 scanners:|
||a variant of Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Ask.G
Installation folder: C:\Program Files\ask.com\updater
Uninstaller: C:\Program Files\Ask.com\Updater\Updater.exe -uninstall
Estimated size: 1.68 MB
Files installed by atualizador Foxit PDF Creator Toolbar Updater
|The Ask Toolbar is a free browser add-on that allows you to search the Web using the Ask.com search engine directly from the Internet Explorer browser. The Ask Toolbar is integrated with the 3rd party software downloads. During the...|
Startup File (All Users Run)
- Updater.exe is loaded in the all users (HKLM) registry as a startup file name 'ApnUpdater' which loads as "C:\Program Files\Ask.com\Updater\Updater.exe".
Resource utilization averages
Show technical details
How do I remove atualizador Foxit PDF Creator Toolbar Updater?
Quickly and completely remove atualizador Foxit PDF Creator Toolbar Updater from your computer by downloading "Should I Remove It?", its 100% FREE and installs in seconds (click the button below).
Or, you can uninstall atualizador Foxit PDF Creator Toolbar Updater from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
When you find the program atualizador Foxit PDF Creator Toolbar Updater, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove atualizador Foxit PDF Creator Toolbar Updater.
If for some reason uninstallation fails, please install Microsoft's uninstall fixer utility which will help fix problems with programs that can't be uninstalled at support.microsoft.com.
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
How do I reset my web browser?
If your web browser homepage and search settings have been modfied by atualizador Foxit PDF Creator Toolbar Updater you can restore them to their previous default settings.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and click the Tools button, and then click Internet options.
- Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset. Select the Delete personal settings check box if you would also like to remove search providers, Accelerators and home pages. When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings, click Close, and then click OK.
- The changes will take effect the next time you open IE.
- At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button, go over to the Help sub-menu and select Troubleshooting Information.
- To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens. It will close and be reset.
- When it's done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click Finish and Firefox will open.
- Open Chrome and click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings. In the "Search" section, click Manage search engine. Check if (Default) is displayed next to your preferred search engine. If not, mouse over it and click Make default. Mouse over any other suspicious search engine entries that are not familiar and click X to remove them.
- When the "Show Home button" checkbox is selected, a web address appears below it. If you want the Homepage button to open up a different webpage, click Change to enter a link.
- Restart Google Chrome.
Scan your PC for malware
If you do not have a good anti-virus program, please consider installing one. Below are some we highly recommend.
HOW IT STARTS
Automatically starts? Yes
(Found in the run registry)
Uninstall it 77%
Keep it 23%
MOST USED OS
Windows 7 (SP1)
62.50% of installs come from the United States
Which countries install it?
| United States
What PC manufacturers (OEMs) have it installed?
|Dell Vostro 260s
Ask focuses on search traffic through various methods, the number being installation of its toolbars through a lot of bundle and rebrand programs.
Publisher URL: www.ask.com