Should I remove Synaptics Pointing Device Driver Driver du Touch pad?
What percent of users and experts removed it?
9% remove it91% keep it
What do people think about it?
(click star to rate)
How common is it?
Synaptics Pointing Device Driver Driver du Touch pad
Synaptics Pointing Device Driver Driver du Touch pad is a program developed by Synaptics. Upon installation and setup, it defines an auto-start registry entry which makes this program run on each Windows boot for all user logins. The main program executable is instnt.exe. The software installer includes 11 files and is usually about 102.85 MB (107,841,303 bytes). A majority of the PCs this is running on, most OS versions are Windows 8. While about 83% of users of Synaptics Pointing Device Driver Driver du Touch pad come from the United States, it is also popular in Canada.
Installation folder: C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP
Uninstaller: rundll32.exe "C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynISDLL.dll",standAloneUninstall
Estimated size: 102.85 MB
Files installed by Synaptics Pointing Device Driver Driver du Touch pad
|Name:||Synaptics Pointing Device Driver|
|TouchPad Driver Installation Application|
Scheduled Task (Boot/Login)
- SynTPEnh.exe is automatically launched at startup through a scheduled task named Synaptics TouchPad Enhancements.
Startup File (All Users Run)
- SynTPEnh.exe is loaded in the all users (HKLM) registry as a startup file name 'SynTPEnh' which loads as C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe.
Resource utilization averages
Show technical details
How do I remove Synaptics Pointing Device Driver Driver du Touch pad?
Quickly and completely remove Synaptics Pointing Device Driver (Driver du Touch pad) from your computer by downloading "Should I Remove It?", its 100% FREE and installs in seconds (click the button below).
Or, you can uninstall Synaptics Pointing Device Driver Driver du Touch pad from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
When you find the program Synaptics Pointing Device Driver (Driver du Touch pad), click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove Synaptics Pointing Device Driver Driver du Touch pad.
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
HOW IT STARTS
Automatically starts? Yes
(Found in the run registry)
Uninstall it 9%
Keep it 91%
MOST USED OS
83.33% of installs come from the United States
Which countries install it?
| United States
Synaptics develops human interface solutions for many OEMs whcih are pre-installed and included with PCs and laptops for companies such as Apple, Asus, Acer, Dell, Gateway, HP, Sony, Toshiba and numerous others.
Publisher URL: www.synaptics.com