Should I remove ThinkPad Pointing Device Driver?
What percent of users and experts removed it?
7% remove it93% keep it
What do people think about it?
(click star to rate)
How common is it?
Global Rank #47,141
United States Rank #31,307
ThinkPad Pointing Device Driver
ThinkPad Pointing Device Driver is a program developed by Synaptics. The most used version is 188.8.131.52, with over 98% of all installations currently using this version. Upon installation and setup, it defines an auto-start registry entry which makes this program run on each Windows boot for all user logins. It adds a background controller service that is set to automatically run. Delaying the start of this service is possible through the service manager. The main program executable is instnt.exe. The software installer includes 12 files and is usually about 65.4 MB (68,576,279 bytes). In comparison to the total number of users, most PCs are running the OS Windows 7 (SP1) as well as Windows 8. While about 77% of users of ThinkPad Pointing Device Driver come from the United States, it is also popular in Canada and Switzerland.
Installation folder: C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP
Uninstaller: rundll32.exe "C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynISDLL.dll",standAloneUninstall
Estimated size: 65.4 MB
Files installed by ThinkPad Pointing Device Driver
|Name:||Synaptics Pointing Device Driver|
|TouchPad Driver Installation Application|
Scheduled Task (Boot/Login)
- SynTPEnh.exe is automatically launched at startup through a scheduled task named Synaptics TouchPad Enhancements.
- SynTPEnhService.exe runs as a service named 'SynTPEnh Caller Service' (SynTPEnhService).
Startup File (All Users Run)
- SynTPEnh.exe is loaded in the all users (HKLM) registry as a startup file name 'SynTPEnh' which loads as C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe.
How do I remove ThinkPad Pointing Device Driver?
Quickly and completely remove ThinkPad Pointing Device Driver from your computer by downloading "Should I Remove It?", its 100% FREE and installs in seconds (click the button below).
Or, you can uninstall ThinkPad Pointing Device Driver from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
When you find the program ThinkPad Pointing Device Driver, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove ThinkPad Pointing Device Driver.
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
PC BRAND OF CHOICE
Win 7 (SP1) 52%
Win 8 48%
HOW IT STARTS
Automatically starts? Yes
(Found in the run registry)
Which Windows OS versions does it run on?
Which OS releases does it run on?
|Windows 7 Professional
|Windows 8.1 Pro
|Windows 8.1 Enterprise
77.14% of installs come from the United States
Which countries install it?
| United States
| United Kingdom
Synaptics develops human interface solutions for many OEMs whcih are pre-installed and included with PCs and laptops for companies such as Apple, Asus, Acer, Dell, Gateway, HP, Sony, Toshiba and numerous others.
Publisher URL: www.synaptics.com