Should I remove OoptONo?
What percent of users and experts removed it?
80% remove it20% keep it
What do people think about it?
(click star to rate)
How common is it?
What is OoptONo?
OptOn is an adware program (supported by various types of advertising) that is usually bundled by third party installers and download managers. Once installed, this ad-supported web browser extension will run within the context of the user's browser (supports Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox) and is primarily designed to inject advertisements in a number of formats within the web pages the user is visiting. Ad insertion takes place in the form of both full banner adverts as well as text-hyperlinks that are injected over existing HTML content. As for the banners, these are either inserted within existing white space in the rendered HTML or by overwriting the pages ads. In either case, these ads are not associated by the underlying website and are simply injected by the adware through an extension, BHO or plugin depending on the browser.
Summary of this adware's functions:
- Installs a web browser extension
- Injects ads within the underlying webpage
- Ads appear as banners or inline text advertisements
- Ads are targeted to queries the user makes
- Tracks web pages visited, search terms and domains
The main program executable is VcR76zuarOLvvXQ.exe. Typically most users end up uninstalling this just after a few days. The setup package is about 2.89 MB (3,034,977 bytes) when donwloaded.
Displayed publisher: OptOn
Installation folder: C:\ProgramData\ooptono
Uninstaller: "C:\ProgramData\OoptONo\VcR76zuarOLvvXQ.exe" !C:1 /s /n /C:"ExecuteCommands;UninstallCommands"
Estimated size: 2.89 MB
Files installed by OoptONo
How do I remove OoptONo?
Quickly and completely remove OoptONo from your computer by downloading "Should I Remove It?", its 100% FREE and installs in seconds (click the button below).
Or, you can uninstall OoptONo from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
When you find the program OoptONo, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove OoptONo.
If for some reason uninstallation fails, please install Microsoft's uninstall fixer utility which will help fix problems with programs that can't be uninstalled at support.microsoft.com.
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
Uninstall it 80%
Keep it 20%
MOST USED OS
Windows 7 (SP1)
83.33% of installs come from the United States
Which countries install it?
| United States
| United Kingdom