Should I remove MyPlayCity Toolbar Updater?
What percent of users and experts removed it?
78% remove it22% keep it
What do people think about it?
(click star to rate)
How common is it?
MyPlayCity Toolbar Updater
What is MyPlayCity Toolbar Updater?
MyPlayCity Toolbar Updater is a software utility that installs with the Ask.com internet browser toolbar and keeps it automatically updated.
About (from Ask.com)
The ASK Updater is a client application that came with your Ask Toolbar. The Updater's job is to keep your Toolbar up to date to provide you with new features and to increase compatibility. The ASK Updater may also remind you to upgrade certain features of your Windows computer such as browsers, and other optional Micr... Read more
MyPlayCity Toolbar Updater is a program developed by Ask.com. The most used version is 22.214.171.12407, with over 98% of all installations currently using this version. Upon installation and setup, it defines an auto-start registry entry which makes this program run on each Windows boot for all user logins. The programs's main executable is Updater.exe and has been seen to consume an average CPU of less than one percent, and utilizes about 2.57 MB of memory. Typically most users end up uninstalling this just after a few days. The software installer includes 1 files and is usually about 1.52 MB (1,596,557 bytes). Updater.exe is the automatic update component of the software designed to download and apply new updates should new versions be released. In comparison to the total number of users, most PCs are running the OS Windows Vista (SP2) as well as Windows 7 (SP1). While about 88% of users of MyPlayCity Toolbar Updater come from the United States, it is also popular in Germany.
- Possible malware installed by this program
- Starts automatically
- Loads into the web browser
- The experts agree, you should remove it!
, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in MyPlayCity Toolbar Updater.
|Updater.exe (31b522014fc560c122cdfa72d47ca940) has been flagged by the following 2 scanners:|
||a variant of Win32/Bundled.Toolbar.Ask.G
Installation folder: C:\Program Files\ask.com\updater
Uninstaller: C:\Program Files\Ask.com\Updater\Updater.exe -uninstall
Estimated size: 1.52 MB
Files installed by MyPlayCity Toolbar Updater
|Ask Updater runs in the background of Windows and automatically starts up when your PC boots. It checks for software udpates and automatically downloads and installs them if found.
Startup File (All Users Run)
- Updater.exe is loaded in the all users (HKLM) registry as a startup file name 'ApnUpdater' which loads as "C:\Program Files\Ask.com\Updater\Updater.exe".
Resource utilization averages
Show technical details
|I/O reads/min:||4 Bytes|
How do I remove MyPlayCity Toolbar Updater?
Quickly and completely remove MyPlayCity Toolbar Updater from your computer by downloading "Should I Remove It?", its 100% FREE and installs in seconds (click the button below).
Or, you can uninstall MyPlayCity Toolbar Updater from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
When you find the program MyPlayCity Toolbar Updater, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove MyPlayCity Toolbar Updater.
If for some reason uninstallation fails, please install Microsoft's uninstall fixer utility which will help fix problems with programs that can't be uninstalled at support.microsoft.com.
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
How do I reset my web browser?
If your web browser homepage and search settings have been modfied by MyPlayCity Toolbar Updater you can restore them to their previous default settings.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and click the Tools button, and then click Internet options.
- Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset. Select the Delete personal settings check box if you would also like to remove search providers, Accelerators and home pages. When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings, click Close, and then click OK.
- The changes will take effect the next time you open IE.
- At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button, go over to the Help sub-menu and select Troubleshooting Information.
- To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens. It will close and be reset.
- When it's done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click Finish and Firefox will open.
- Open Chrome and click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings. In the "Search" section, click Manage search engine. Check if (Default) is displayed next to your preferred search engine. If not, mouse over it and click Make default. Mouse over any other suspicious search engine entries that are not familiar and click X to remove them.
- When the "Show Home button" checkbox is selected, a web address appears below it. If you want the Homepage button to open up a different webpage, click Change to enter a link.
- Restart Google Chrome.
Scan your PC for malware
If you do not have a good anti-virus program, please consider installing one. Below are some we highly recommend.
Win Vista (SP2) 67%
Win 7 (SP1) 33%
HOW IT STARTS
Automatically starts? Yes
(Found in the run registry)
Uninstall it 78%
Keep it 22%
Which Windows OS versions does it run on?
Which OS releases does it run on?
|Windows Vista Home Premiu...
|Windows 7 Home Premium
87.50% of installs come from the United States
Which countries install it?
| United States
What PC manufacturers (OEMs) have it installed?
|HP-Pavilion FQ563AA-ABA a...
|Dell Dell DXP061
Ask focuses on search traffic through various methods, the number being installation of its toolbars through a lot of bundle and rebrand programs.
Publisher URL: www.ask.com