Should I remove Lenovo On Screen Display?
What percent of users and experts removed it?
3% remove it97% keep it
What do people think about it?
(click star to rate)
How common is it?
Global Rank #8,581
United States Rank #5,522
Installation trends (last 30 days)
Lifespan of installation (until removal)
Average installed length: 12.78 days
Lenovo On Screen Display
Lenovo On Screen Display is a program developed by Lenovo. The most used version is 8.72.10, with over 98% of all installations currently using this version. Upon installation and setup, it defines an auto-start registry entry which makes this program run on each Windows boot for all user logins. It adds a background controller service that is set to automatically run. Delaying the start of this service is possible through the service manager. A scheduled task is added to Windows Task Scheduler in order to launch the program at various scheduled times (the schedule varies depending on the version). The main program executable is tponscr.exe. The software installer includes 74 files and is usually about 47.89 MB (50,216,307 bytes). In comparison to the total number of users, most PCs are running the OS Windows 8 as well as Windows 7 (SP1). While about 68% of users of Lenovo On Screen Display come from the United States, it is also popular in Canada and United Kingdom.
Installation folder: C:\Program Files\lenovo\hotkey
Uninstaller: rundll32.exe "C:\Program Files\Lenovo\HOTKEY\cleanup.dll",InfUninstallEx DefaultUninstall.LH C:\Program Files\Lenovo\HOTKEY\tphk_tp.inf
Estimated size: 47.89 MB
Files installed by Lenovo On Screen Display
- als.dll is scheduled as a task named 'TVSUUpdateTask' (runs monthly on Sundays at 18:52).
Scheduled Task (Boot/Login)
- extapsup.exe is automatically launched at startup through a scheduled task named LenovoOptMouseUpdate.
- als.dll runs as a service named 'Lenovo QuickControl Master Service' (QuickControlMasterSvc) "Lenovo QuickControl Master Service".
- tphkload.exe runs as a service named 'Lenovo Hotkey Client Loader' (TPHKLOAD).
- micmute.exe runs as a service named 'Lenovo Microphone Mute' (LENOVO.MICMUTE).
Startup File (User Run)
- extapsup.exe is loaded in the current user (HKCU) registry as an auto-starting executable named 'extapsup.exe' and executes as C:\Program Files\Lenovo\HOTKEY\extapsup.exe.
2 Startup Files (All Users Run)
- als.dll is loaded in the all users (HKLM) registry as a startup file name 'Lenovo Registration' which loads as C:\Program Files\Lenovo Registration\LenovoReg.exe /boot.
- extapsup.exe is loaded in the all users (HKLM) registry as a startup file name 'LenovoOptMouseUpdate' which loads as C:\Program Files\Lenovo\HOTKEY\extapsup.exe.
Resource utilization averages
Show technical details
|I/O reads/min:||0 Bytes|
|I/O reads/min:||3.71 KB|
How do I remove Lenovo On Screen Display?
Quickly and completely remove Lenovo On Screen Display from your computer by downloading "Should I Remove It?", its 100% FREE and installs in seconds (click the button below).
Or, you can uninstall Lenovo On Screen Display from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
When you find the program Lenovo On Screen Display, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove Lenovo On Screen Display.
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
PC BRAND OF CHOICE
Win 8 69%
Win 7 0%
HOW IT STARTS
Automatically starts? Yes
(Found in the run registry)
Which Windows OS versions does it run on?
Which OS releases does it run on?
|Windows 10 Pro
|Windows 7 Professional
|Windows 10 Home
|Windows 8.1 Pro
|Windows 7 Enterprise
67.90% of installs come from the United States
Which countries install it?
| United States
| United Kingdom
| Czech Republic
| Hong Kong
| South Africa
Lenovo is a PC hardware and electronics company whose products include personal computers, tablet computers, mobile phones, workstations, servers, electronic storage devices and IT management software.
Publisher URL: www.lenovo.com