Should I remove HippoGeek?
What percent of users and experts removed it?
80% remove it20% keep it
What do people think about it?
(click star to rate)
How common is it?
Lifespan of installation (until removal)
< 486.04 days
935.99 days >
Average installed length: 491.79 days
What is HippoGeek?
HippoGeek is an adware style application that runs in the web browser as a toolbar and web extension. The web extension is primarily designed to take control of the user's browser in order to modify the search provider and redirect web searches to what ever search engine partner the publisher has a revenue relationship with. In doing so, the toolbar performs a number of behaviors in order to maximize the potential of a user to click on sponsored advertising through search. This includes but not limited to:
- Changing the web browser's default home page to the affiliate search portal.
- Changing the browser's search provider, built-in search box as well as the address bar.
- Ability to modify the 'new tab' functionality to launch the modified search portal page.
- Provide automatic updates of the toolbar without the user's initiation.
- Adds an alternative error page and page not found functionality.
- Adds additional functionality that is designed to protect the search and home page settings.
- Access the HTML of all pages visited as well as capture URLs of the pages and search terms.
- In many cases can inject advertising in the form of context ads, pop-ups and pop-unders.
The main program executable is HippoGeekSACB.exe. Typically most users end up uninstalling this just after a few days. The software installer includes 3 files and is usually about 555.38 KB (568,706 bytes).
- Possible malware installed by this program
- Hijacks the web browser's home page
- Hijacks the browser's default search provider
- The experts agree, you should remove it!
, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in HippoGeek.
|HippoGeekSACB.exe (049854340fa6a710d6bdc04884de414a) has been flagged by the following 22 scanners:|
|Microsoft Security Essentials
View all 22 all detections
Displayed publisher: Pinball Corporation.
Help link: www.hippogeek.com/support.html
Installation folder: C:\users\user\appdata\local\hippogeeksa\bin\22.214.171.124
Uninstaller: "C:\users\user\appdata\Local\hippogeekSA\bin\126.96.36.199\HippoGeekUninstaller.exe" Web
Estimated size: 555.38 KB
Files installed by HippoGeek
|Program executable:||HippoGeekSACB.exe (Malware detected)|
How do I remove HippoGeek?
Quickly and completely remove HippoGeek from your computer by downloading "Should I Remove It?", its 100% FREE and installs in seconds (click the button below).
Or, you can uninstall HippoGeek from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
When you find the program HippoGeek, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove HippoGeek.
If for some reason uninstallation fails, please install Microsoft's uninstall fixer utility which will help fix problems with programs that can't be uninstalled at support.microsoft.com.
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
Scan your PC for malware
If you do not have a good anti-virus program, please consider installing one. Below are some we highly recommend.
Uninstall it 80%
Keep it 20%
MOST USED OS
Windows Vista (SP1)
AVERAGE INSTALL LIFESPAN
100.00% of installs come from the United States
Which countries install it?
About (from Pinball Corporation)
Pinball Corporation delivers online content and monetization solutions for small to mid-sized web publishers, and keyword-based online advertising solutions for direct-response and ecommerce marketers.
Publisher URL: www.pinballcorp.com