Should I remove PC Protection Plus?
What percent of users and experts removed it?
2% remove it98% keep it
What do people think about it?
Be the first to rate (click star to rate)
How common is it?
PC Protection Plus
PC Protection Plus is a program developed by F-Secure. The most used version is 1.83.315.0, with over 98% of all installations currently using this version. Upon installation and setup, it defines an auto-start registry entry which makes this program run on each Windows boot for all user logins. It adds a background controller service that is set to automatically run. Delaying the start of this service is possible through the service manager. The software installer includes 42 files and is usually about 24.11 MB (25,276,405 bytes). A majority of the PCs this is running on, most OS versions are Windows 7 (SP1). The distribution of this has mostly been seen in the United States.
Installation folder: C:\Program Files\F-Secure\PC Protection Plus\
Uninstaller: "C:\Program Files\F-Secure\PC Protection Plus\\fsuninstall.exe" --operatorID 47098
Estimated size: 24.11 MB
Files installed by PC Protection Plus
- fshoster32.exe runs as a service named 'F-Secure Dll Hoster' (fshoster) "F-Secure Dll Hoster Service".
Startup File (All Users Run)
- fshoster32.exe is loaded in the all users (HKLM) registry as a startup file name 'F-Secure Hoster (55009)' which loads as "C:\Program Files\Tele Columbus\fshoster32.exe" -app -hosteriC:1.
- fshoster32.exe connects to fs-162-246-164-010.f-secure.com (18.104.22.168 port 443).
Resource utilization averages
Show technical details
|I/O reads/min:||1.47 MB|
|I/O writes/min:||67.46 KB|
How do I remove PC Protection Plus?
Quickly and completely remove PC Protection Plus from your computer by downloading "Should I Remove It?", its 100% FREE and installs in seconds (click the button below).
Or, you can uninstall PC Protection Plus from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
When you find the program PC Protection Plus, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove PC Protection Plus.
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
HOW IT STARTS
Automatically starts? Yes
(Found in the run registry)
Uninstall it 2%
Keep it 98%
MOST USED OS
Windows 7 (SP1)
100.00% of installs come from the United States
Which countries install it?
What PC manufacturers (OEMs) have it installed?
|HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook ...
|Dell Inspiron 545
Publisher URL: www.f-secure.com