Should I remove Octoshape Streaming Services?
What percent of users and experts removed it?
26% remove it74% keep it
What do people think about it?
(click star to rate)
How common is it?
Global Rank #2,253
United States Rank #3,144
Installation trends (last 30 days)
Uninstallation trends (last 30 days)
Lifespan of installation (until removal)
< 16.19 days
477.52 days >
Average installed length: 250.90 days
Octoshape Streaming Services
from Octoshape ApS
What is Octoshape Streaming Services? (from Octoshape ApS)
Octoshape technologies are focused on actually fixing the reliability and sustainability of video quality over the Internet and not just adjusting to varying conditions. The Octoshape transport protocols are not affected by congestion and packet loss like traditional technologies, and can therefore sustain high quality... Read more
Octoshape Streaming Services is a program developed by Octoshape ApS. Upon installation and setup, it defines an auto-start registry entry which makes this program run on each Windows boot for all user logins. The software is designed to connect to the Internet and adds a Windows Firewall exception in order to do so without being interfered with. The programs's main executable is octoshapeclient.exe and has been seen to consume an average CPU of less than one percent, and utilizes about 7.91 MB of memory. It also adds an icon to the Windows notifications area in order to provide access to the program. The software installer includes 55 files and is usually about 1.61 MB (1,684,767 bytes). In comparison to the total number of users, most PCs are running the OS Windows 7 (SP1) as well as Windows 8. While about 33% of users of Octoshape Streaming Services come from the United States, it is also popular in Turkey and Argentina.
Installation folder: C:\users\user\appdata\roaming\octoshape\octoshape streaming services
Uninstaller: "C:\users\user\appdata\Roaming\Octoshape\Octoshape Streaming Services\OctoshapeClient.exe" -uninstall -launchrunoncC:false
Estimated size: 1.61 MB
Files installed by Octoshape Streaming Services
|Name:||Octoshape Streaming Services|
|Main program for Octoshape client|
|Path:||C:\users\user\appdata\roaming\octoshape\octoshape streaming services\octoshapeclient.exe|
|Taskbar:||Displays an icon in the notification area|
|(From the publisher) “Octoshape uses a patented transport technology to overcome these challenges on the Internet. Both Live and On Demand video delivery over the Internet today is viewed on high resolution devices. HD TV’s, Tablets, PC’s...”|
2 Google Chrome Plugins
- sua-1312180-0-npoctoshape.dll is loaded in the Google Chrome web browser as 'sua-1401100-0-npoctoshape.dll'.
- sua-1103234-0-npoctoshape.dll is loaded in the Google Chrome web browser as 'sua-1010122-0-npoctoshape.dll'.
2 Mozilla Plugins
- sua-1312180-0-npoctoshape.dll is loaded into Mozilla Firefox under the product name '@octoshape.com/Octoshape Streaming Services,version=1.0' with a plugin key of '@octoshape.com/Octoshape Streaming Services,version=1.0'.
- sua-1103234-0-npoctoshape.dll is loaded into Mozilla Firefox under the product name '@octoshape.com/Octoshape Streaming Services,version=1.0' with a plugin key of '@octoshape.com/Octoshape Streaming Services,version=1.0'.
Startup File (User Run)
- OctoshapeClient.exe is loaded in the current user (HKCU) registry as an auto-starting executable named 'Octoshape Streaming Services' and executes as "C:\users\user\appdata\Roaming\Octoshape\Octoshape Streaming Services\OctoshapeClient.exe" -inC:bootrun.
Startup File (All Users Run)
- OctoshapeClient.exe is loaded in the all users (HKLM) registry as a startup file name 'Octoshape Streaming Services' which loads as "C:\users\user\appdata\Roaming\Octoshape\Octoshape Streaming Services\OctoshapeClient.exe" -inC:bootrun.
Windows Firewall Allowed Program
- OctoshapeClient.exe is added as a firewall exception for 'C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\Octoshape\Octoshape Streaming Services\OctoshapeClient.exe'.
Resource utilization averages
Show technical details
|I/O reads/min:||317 Bytes|
|I/O writes/min:||31 Bytes|
How do I remove Octoshape Streaming Services?
Quickly and completely remove Octoshape Streaming Services from your computer by downloading "Should I Remove It?", its 100% FREE and installs in seconds (click the button below).
Or, you can uninstall Octoshape Streaming Services from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
When you find the program Octoshape Streaming Services, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove Octoshape Streaming Services.
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
How do I reset my web browser?
If your web browser homepage and search settings have been modfied by Octoshape Streaming Services you can restore them to their previous default settings.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and click the Tools button, and then click Internet options.
- Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset. Select the Delete personal settings check box if you would also like to remove search providers, Accelerators and home pages. When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings, click Close, and then click OK.
- The changes will take effect the next time you open IE.
- At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button, go over to the Help sub-menu and select Troubleshooting Information.
- To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens. It will close and be reset.
- When it's done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click Finish and Firefox will open.
- Open Chrome and click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings. In the "Search" section, click Manage search engine. Check if (Default) is displayed next to your preferred search engine. If not, mouse over it and click Make default. Mouse over any other suspicious search engine entries that are not familiar and click X to remove them.
- When the "Show Home button" checkbox is selected, a web address appears below it. If you want the Homepage button to open up a different webpage, click Change to enter a link.
- Restart Google Chrome.
Win 7 (SP1) 61%
Win 7 0%
HOW IT STARTS
Automatically starts? Yes
(Found in the run registry)
Uninstall it 26%
Keep it 74%
Which Windows OS versions does it run on?
Which OS releases does it run on?
|Windows 7 Home Premium
|Windows 7 Ultimate
|Windows 7 Professional
|Microsoft Windows XP
|Windows 7 Home Basic
33.32% of installs come from the United States
Which countries install it?
| United States
| United Kingdom
| Hong Kong
| United Arab Emirates
| Saudi Arabia
What PC manufacturers (OEMs) have it installed?
|HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook ...
|HP Pavilion g6 Notebook P...
|HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook ...
|Dell Inspiron N5110
|HP G62 Notebook PC
|Dell Inspiron 3521