Should I remove Intel Management?
What percent of users and experts removed it?
11% remove it89% keep it
What do people think about it?
(click star to rate)
How common is it?
What is Intel Management?
This program provides the Intel Management Engine for supported notebooks with supported operating systems. The Intel management Components monitor the installed Intel hardware, such as chip sets, storage, and other components. They will notify you if there are problems, updated drivers, and other information about those components. These components installed by the computer manufacturer automatically during the OS isntallation. Intel Active Management Technology (AMT) is hardware-based technology for remotely managing and securing PCs out-of-band. Intel AMT is available in desktop PCs with Intel Core 2 processor with Intel vPro technology and available in laptop PCs with Centrino or Centrino 2 platform with vPro technology. Intel AMT is hardware and firmware technology that builds certain functionality into business PCs in order to monitor, maintain, update, upgrade, and repair PCs. Intel AMT is part of the Intel Management Engine, which is built into PCs with Intel vPro technology. AMT is not intended to be used by itself; it is intended to be used with a software management application. It gives a management application (and thus, the system administrator who uses it) better access to the PC down the wire, in order to remotely and securely do tasks that are difficult or sometimes impossible when working on a PC that does not have remote functionalities built into it. Intel AMT includes hardware-based remote management, security, power-management, and remote-configuration features. These features allow an IT technician to access an AMT featured PC remotely. Intel AMT relies on a hardware-based out-of-band (OOB) communication channel that operates below the OS level, the channel is independent of the state of the OS (present, missing, corrupted, down). The communication channel is also independent of the PC's power state, the presence of a management agent, and the state of many hardware components (such as hard disk drives and memory).
It adds a background controller service that is set to automatically run. Delaying the start of this service is possible through the service manager. The software installer includes 7 files and is usually about 13.02 MB (13,654,270 bytes).
Installation folder: C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components
Uninstaller: C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel(R) Management Engine Components\Uninstall\setup.exe -uninstall
Estimated size: 13.02 MB
Files installed by Intel Management
- LMS.exe runs as a service named 'Intel(R) Management and Security Application Local Management Service' (LMS) "Allows applications to access the local Intel(R) Management and Security Application using its locally-available selected network interfaces.".
- UNS.exe runs as a service named 'Intel(R) Management & Security Application User Notification Service' (UNS) "Intel(R) Management and Security Application User Notification Service - Updates the Windows Event Log with notifications of pre defined events received from the local Intel(R) Management and Security Application Device.".
Resource utilization averages
Show technical details
|I/O reads/min:||260 Bytes|
|I/O writes/min:||49 Bytes|
How do I remove Intel Management?
Quickly and completely remove Intel(R) Management from your computer by downloading "Should I Remove It?", its 100% FREE and installs in seconds (click the button below).
Or, you can uninstall Intel Management from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
When you find the program Intel(R) Management, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove Intel Management.
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
HOW IT RUNS
Windows Service? Yes
(Installs a service)
Uninstall it 11%
Keep it 89%
MOST USED OS
Windows 7 (SP1)
100.00% of installs come from the United States
Which countries install it?
Intel Corporation is the world's largest semiconductor chip maker and is the inventor of the x86 series of microprocessors found in most personal computers.
Publisher URL: www.intel.com