Should I remove Intel Active Management Technology?
What percent of users and experts removed it?
7% remove it93% keep it
What do people think about it?
(click star to rate)
How common is it?
Global Rank #2,658
United States Rank #1,905
Installation trends (last 30 days)
Uninstallation trends (last 30 days)
Lifespan of installation (until removal)
< 11.27 days
332.41 days >
Average installed length: 174.66 days
Intel Active Management Technology
What is Intel Active Management Technology? (from Intel)
Using integrated platform capabilities and popular third-party management and security applications, Intel® Active Management Technology (Intel® AMT) allows IT or managed service providers to better discover, repair, and protect their networked computing assets. Intel AMT enables IT or managed service providers to mana... Read more
Intel Active Management Technology is a program developed by Intel. Upon installation and setup, it defines an auto-start registry entry which makes this program run on each Windows boot for all user logins. It adds a background controller service that is set to automatically run. Delaying the start of this service is possible through the service manager. The main program executable is mesoludlg.exe. The software installer includes 35 files and is usually about 13.49 MB (14,149,733 bytes). In comparison to the total number of users, most PCs are running the OS Windows 7 (SP1) as well as Windows XP. While about 63% of users of Intel Active Management Technology come from the United States, it is also popular in United Kingdom and Canada.
Installation folder: C:\Program Files\Intel\AMT
Uninstaller: C:\Windows\system32\mesoludlg.exe -uninstall
Estimated size: 13.49 MB
Files installed by Intel Active Management Technology
- LMS.EXE runs as a service named 'LMS' (LMS) "Intel(R) Management and Security Application Local Management Service - Allows applications to access the local Intel(R) Management and Security Application using its locally-available selected network interfaces.".
- UNS.exe runs as a service named 'Intel(R) Active Management Technology User Notification Service' (UNS) "Intel(R) Active Management Technology User Notification Service - Updates the Windows Event Log with notifications of pre defined events received from the local Intel(R) Active Management Technology Device.".
- atchksrv.exe runs as a service named 'Intel(R) Active Management Technology System Status Service' (atchksrv) "Intel(R) Active Management Technology System Status Service - Displays status of Intel(R) Active Management Technology".
Startup File (All Users Run)
- atchk.exe is loaded in the all users (HKLM) registry as a startup file name 'atchk' which loads as "C:\Program Files\Intel\AMT\atchk.exe".
Resource utilization averages
Show technical details
|I/O reads/min:||12 Bytes|
|I/O writes/min:||9 Bytes|
|I/O reads/min:||110 Bytes|
|I/O writes/min:||66 Bytes|
How do I remove Intel Active Management Technology?
Quickly and completely remove Intel® Active Management Technology from your computer by downloading "Should I Remove It?", its 100% FREE and installs in seconds (click the button below).
Or, you can uninstall Intel Active Management Technology from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
When you find the program Intel® Active Management Technology, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove Intel Active Management Technology.
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
Win 7 (SP1) 65%
Win 8 0%
HOW IT STARTS
Automatically starts? Yes
(Found in the run registry)
Uninstall it 7%
Keep it 93%
Which Windows OS versions does it run on?
|Windows Server 2003
Which OS releases does it run on?
|Windows 7 Professional
|Microsoft Windows XP
|Windows 7 Ultimate
|Windows 7 Home Premium
|Windows Vista Business
|Windows 7 Enterprise
63.03% of installs come from the United States
Which countries install it?
| United States
| United Kingdom
What PC manufacturers (OEMs) have it installed?
|Dell OptiPlex 755
|Dell OptiPlex 780
|Dell OptiPlex 760
|Dell OptiPlex 960
|HP EliteBook 6930p
|Dell Latitude E6400
Intel Corporation is the world's largest semiconductor chip maker and is the inventor of the x86 series of microprocessors found in most personal computers.
Publisher URL: www.intel.com