Should I remove Coupon Champ?
What percent of users and experts removed it?
81% remove it19% keep it
What do people think about it?
(click star to rate)
How common is it?
What is Coupon Champ?
This adware injects advertising in the user's Internet browser by running as an extension and/or add-on. Ads are delivered in the form of search-related ads, banner and video ads, and text-links (roll-overs) as well as some popup ads. These ads are typically injected in the header of footer are of the web page. It will also convert words on pages you view into hyperlinks that are linked to advertisements. This application is classified as adware and/or a PUP based on its behavior. The software is distributed through third party installers.
Typically most users end up uninstalling this just after a few days. The software installer includes 4 files.
- Possible malware installed by this program
- Loads into the web browser
- Installed as part of a co-bundle
- Injects advertisements unassociated with the underlying web page
- Generally known to have a low reputation
- The experts agree, you should remove it!
, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Coupon Champ.
|SoftwareDetector.exe (978f45df5fc28f83f9fa82905757720e) has been flagged by the following 7 scanners:|
||a variant of Win32/AdWare.SmartApps.B
Coupon Champ has been found to be bundled with 3rd party software. If you have not purposefully installed this, you should be safe uninstalling it.
Find out how to remove Coupon Champ.
Displayed publisher: Smart Apps
Installation folder: C:\users\user\appdata\Local\Coupon Champ
Uninstaller: C:\users\user\appdata\Local\Coupon Champ\uninstall.exe
Files installed by Coupon Champ
How do I remove Coupon Champ?
Quickly and completely remove Coupon Champ from your computer by downloading "Should I Remove It?", its 100% FREE and installs in seconds (click the button below).
Or, you can uninstall Coupon Champ from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
When you find the program Coupon Champ, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove Coupon Champ.
If for some reason uninstallation fails, please install Microsoft's uninstall fixer utility which will help fix problems with programs that can't be uninstalled at support.microsoft.com.
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
How do I reset my web browser?
If your web browser homepage and search settings have been modfied by Coupon Champ you can restore them to their previous default settings.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and click the Tools button, and then click Internet options.
- Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset. Select the Delete personal settings check box if you would also like to remove search providers, Accelerators and home pages. When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings, click Close, and then click OK.
- The changes will take effect the next time you open IE.
- At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button, go over to the Help sub-menu and select Troubleshooting Information.
- To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens. It will close and be reset.
- When it's done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click Finish and Firefox will open.
- Open Chrome and click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings. In the "Search" section, click Manage search engine. Check if (Default) is displayed next to your preferred search engine. If not, mouse over it and click Make default. Mouse over any other suspicious search engine entries that are not familiar and click X to remove them.
- When the "Show Home button" checkbox is selected, a web address appears below it. If you want the Homepage button to open up a different webpage, click Change to enter a link.
- Restart Google Chrome.
Scan your PC for malware
If you do not have a good anti-virus program, please consider installing one. Below are some we highly recommend.
Uninstall it 81%
Keep it 19%
MOST USED OS
83.33% of installs come from the United States
Which countries install it?
| United States
| United Kingdom
About 215 Apps
215 Apps developes a number of adware driven toolbar programs such as DropinSavings, Vid-Saver, Giant Savings, Savings Sidekick, etc.
Publisher URL: www.215apps.com