Should I remove AVG Security Toolbar1?
What percent of users and experts removed it?
50% remove it50% keep it
What do people think about it?
(click star to rate)
How common is it?
AVG Security Toolbar1
AVG Security Toolbar1 is a program developed by AVG Technologies. Upon installation and setup, it defines an auto-start registry entry which makes this program run on each Windows boot for all user logins. A scheduled task is added to Windows Task Scheduler in order to launch the program at various scheduled times (the schedule varies depending on the version). The software installer includes 11 files and is usually about 62.63 MB (65,673,141 bytes). A majority of the PCs this is running on, most OS versions are Windows 7 (SP1). The distribution of this has mostly been seen in the United States.
Installation folder: C:\Program Files\avg secure search
Uninstaller: C:\Program Files\AVG Secure Search\UNINSTALL.exe /PROMPT /UNINSTALL
Estimated size: 62.63 MB
Files installed by AVG Security Toolbar1
- ROC_JAN2013_TB.exe is scheduled as a task named 'ROC_JAN2013_TB_MaryBeth'.
Startup File (User Run)
- AVG-Secure-Search-Update_JUNE2013_TB.exe is loaded in the current user (HKCU) registry as an auto-starting executable named 'AVG-Secure-Search-Update_JUNE2013_TB' and executes as "C:\Program Files\AVG Secure Search\AVG-Secure-Search-Update_JUNE2013_TB.exe" /PROMPT /CMPID=JUNE2013_TB.
2 Startup Files (All Users Run)
- vprot.exe is loaded in the all users (HKLM) registry as a startup file name 'vProt' which loads as "C:\Program Files\AVG Secure Search\vprot.exe".
- roc_nt.exe is loaded in the all users (HKLM) registry as a startup file name 'ROC_ROC_NT' which loads as "C:\Program Files\AVG Secure Search\ROC_ROC_NT.exe" / /PROMPT /CMPID=ROC_NT.
How do I remove AVG Security Toolbar1?
Quickly and completely remove AVG Security Toolbar1 from your computer by downloading "Should I Remove It?", its 100% FREE and installs in seconds (click the button below).
Or, you can uninstall AVG Security Toolbar1 from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
When you find the program AVG Security Toolbar1, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove AVG Security Toolbar1.
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
HOW IT STARTS
Automatically starts? Yes
(Found in the run registry)
Uninstall it 50%
Keep it 50%
MOST USED OS
Windows 7 (SP1)
100.00% of installs come from the United States
Which countries install it?
About AVG Technologies
AVG Technologies is a global leader in security software, protecting more than 110 million consumers and small business computer users in 167 countries.
Publisher URL: www.avg.com