Should I remove windows smart key?
What percent of users and experts removed it?
65% remove it35% keep it
What do people think about it?
Be the first to rate (click star to rate)
How common is it?
windows smart key
Upon installation and setup, it defines an auto-start registry entry which makes this program run on each Windows boot for all user logins. The main program executable is smartwinkey.exe. A vast majority of those who have this installed end up removing it just after a couple weeks. The software installer includes 2 files and is usually about 1.83 MB (1,919,696 bytes). A majority of the PCs this is running on, most OS versions are Windows 7 (SP1). While about 63% of users of windows smart key come from the United States, it is also popular in Korea.
- Possible malware installed by this program
- Automatically starts with Windows
, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in windows smart key.
|smartwinkey.exe (7dea6a003df2fdd0b9a511d4f381ffe6) has been flagged by the following 24 scanners:|
||a variant of Win32/Adware.Kraddare.FY
||Riskware ( 0040f01a1 )
||Generic PUA HJ
||suspected of Trojan.Downloader.gen.h
View all 24 all detections
Displayed publisher: windows smart key
Installation folder: C:\Program Files\smartwinkey
Uninstaller: C:\Program Files\smartwinkey\uninstall_smartwinkey.exe delete
Estimated size: 1.83 MB
Files installed by windows smart key
|Program executable:||smartwinkey.exe (Malware detected)|
Scheduled Task (Boot/Login)
- smartwinkey.exe is automatically launched at startup through a scheduled task named windows smart key.
Startup File (All Users Run)
- smartwinkey.exe is loaded in the all users (HKLM) registry as a startup file name 'smartwinkey.exe' which loads as C:\Program Files\smartwinkey\smartwinkey.exe.
How do I remove windows smart key?
Quickly and completely remove windows smart key from your computer by downloading "Should I Remove It?", its 100% FREE and installs in seconds (click the button below).
Or, you can uninstall windows smart key from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
When you find the program windows smart key, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove windows smart key.
If for some reason uninstallation fails, please install Microsoft's uninstall fixer utility which will help fix problems with programs that can't be uninstalled at support.microsoft.com.
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
Scan your PC for malware
If you do not have a good anti-virus program, please consider installing one. Below are some we highly recommend.
HOW IT STARTS
Automatically starts? Yes
(Found in the run registry)
Uninstall it 65%
Keep it 35%
MOST USED OS
Windows 7 (SP1)
62.50% of installs come from the United States
Which countries install it?
| United States
What PC manufacturers (OEMs) have it installed?