Should I remove safeSEARCH Toolbar CyberDefender Corporation?
What percent of users and experts removed it?
83% remove it17% keep it
What do people think about it?
(click star to rate)
How common is it?
safeSEARCH Toolbar CyberDefender Corporation
What is safeSEARCH Toolbar CyberDefender Corporation?
This is a Conduit toolbar installed in the user's Web browsers (IE, Chrome and Firefox) that collects and stores information about your web browsing habits and sends this information to Conduit so they can suggest services or provide ads via the toolbar. The toolbar itself which is typically bundled with free software is an is an ad-supported (users may see additional banner and in-text link advertisements) web browser plugin distributed through various monetization platforms during installation. The browser extension includes various features that will modify the default or custom settings of the browser including the home page and search settings.
What the toolbar does:
- Changes the default search engine in your web browser's built-in search box.
- Changes the default home page of your web browser.
- Enable search from the address bar of your web browser.
- Adds alternative "page not found" functionality.
"By Using a Conduit Software you may enable Conduit to access, use and collect a variety of information, both personal and non-personal, regarding your Internet Browser, your browsing habits, and information about your computer." - from the EULA.
About (from CyberDefender)
safeSEARCH Toolbar is a powerful application that protects your computer against identity theft by blocking the access to harmful websites. CyberDefender's safeSEARCH is a security toolbar which works with Microsoft internet Explorer and protects you against identity theft. MyIdentityDefender uses proprietary technolog... Read more
- Integrates into the web browser
- Injects advertisements unassociated with the underlying web page
- Hijacks the web browser's home page
- The experts agree, you should remove it!
Help link: support.cyberdefender.com/cgi-bin/support/kb.cgi
Installation folder: C:\users\user\appdata\LocalLow\CyberDefender
Uninstaller: C:\users\user\appdata\LocalLow\CyberDefender\cdinstx.exe /u
Estimated size: 849.32 KB
Files installed by safeSEARCH Toolbar CyberDefender Corporation
|Install for CyberDefender|
How do I remove safeSEARCH Toolbar CyberDefender Corporation?
Quickly and completely remove safeSEARCH Toolbar (CyberDefender Corporation) from your computer by downloading "Should I Remove It?", its 100% FREE and installs in seconds (click the button below).
Or, you can uninstall safeSEARCH Toolbar CyberDefender Corporation from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
When you find the program safeSEARCH Toolbar (CyberDefender Corporation), click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove safeSEARCH Toolbar CyberDefender Corporation.
If for some reason uninstallation fails, please install Microsoft's uninstall fixer utility which will help fix problems with programs that can't be uninstalled at support.microsoft.com.
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
How do I reset my web browser?
If your web browser homepage and search settings have been modfied by safeSEARCH Toolbar CyberDefender Corporation you can restore them to their previous default settings.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and click the Tools button, and then click Internet options.
- Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset. Select the Delete personal settings check box if you would also like to remove search providers, Accelerators and home pages. When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings, click Close, and then click OK.
- The changes will take effect the next time you open IE.
- At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button, go over to the Help sub-menu and select Troubleshooting Information.
- To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens. It will close and be reset.
- When it's done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click Finish and Firefox will open.
- Open Chrome and click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings. In the "Search" section, click Manage search engine. Check if (Default) is displayed next to your preferred search engine. If not, mouse over it and click Make default. Mouse over any other suspicious search engine entries that are not familiar and click X to remove them.
- When the "Show Home button" checkbox is selected, a web address appears below it. If you want the Homepage button to open up a different webpage, click Change to enter a link.
- Restart Google Chrome.
Uninstall it 83%
Keep it 17%
MOST USED OS
Windows 7 (SP1)
71.43% of installs come from the United States
Which countries install it?
| United States
What PC manufacturers (OEMs) have it installed?
Publisher URL: www.cyberdefender.com