Should I remove AVG Security Toolbar?
What percent of users and experts removed it?
63% remove it37% keep it
What do people think about it?
(click star to rate)
How common is it?
Global Rank #8,707
United States Rank #7,780
(Not enough data to show 30 day installation trends)
Uninstallation trends (last 30 days)
Lifespan of installation (until removal)
< 21.70 days
640.21 days >
Average installed length: 336.38 days
AVG Security Toolbar
What is AVG Security Toolbar?
The AVG Security Toolbar is included in AVG Technologies’s family of security software, as a standalone program, and as a third party bundles. AVG Security Toolbar incluedes a link scanner that displays security information about websites. The toolbar offers search, weather information, a link to a speedtest and other features that are not really related to security. It also may send event logs and other system-related information to a server, and may automatically download and install updates without notifying the user.
The toolbar will modify the users home and search page to use http://isearch.avg.com.
It is typically bundled with various free AVG security products.
About (from AVG Technologies)
AVG Secure Search alerts you before you visit dangerous webpages to make sure your identity, personal information, and computer are protected. In addition, our integrated AVG Do Not Track brings the control over your privacy back to you. AVG Secure Search provides clear safety ratings for each link in your search resul... Read more
AVG Security Toolbar has been found to be bundled with 3rd party software. If you have not purposefully installed this, you should be safe uninstalling it.
Find out how to remove AVG Security Toolbar.
Installation folder: C:\Program Files\Common Files\AVG Secure Search\
Uninstaller: C:\Program Files\AVG Secure Search\UNINSTALL.exe /PROMPT /UNINSTALL
, the included uninstaller may not work, it is highly recommended to use Reason Core Security
Estimated size: 7.47 MB
Files installed by AVG Security Toolbar
|Path:||C:\Program Files\avg secure search\vprot.exe|
2 Scheduled Tasks
- ROC_JAN2013_TB.exe is scheduled as a task named 'ROC_JAN2013_TB_Rafael Meira'.
- ROC_PAID_JAN2013_TB.exe is scheduled as a task named 'ROC_REG_JAN_DELETE'.
4 Scheduled Tasks (Boot/Login)
- ROC_roc_ssl_v12.exe is automatically launched at startup through a scheduled task named ROC_roc_ssl_v12.
- AVG-Secure-Search-Update_MAY2013_TB.exe is automatically launched at startup through a scheduled task named AVG-Secure-Search-Update_MAY2013_TB_rel.
- ROC_PAID_JAN2013_TB.exe is automatically launched at startup through a scheduled task named C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\ROC_JAN2013_TB_rmv.job.
- ROC_JAN2013_TB.exe is automatically launched at startup through a scheduled task named C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\ROC_JAN2013_TB_rmv.job.
- ToolbarBroker.exe runs as a service named 'AVG Security Toolbar Service'.
3 Startup Files (User Run)
- ROC_JAN2013_TB.exe is loaded in the current user (HKCU) registry as an auto-starting executable named 'ROC_JAN2013_TB' and executes as "C:\Program Files\AVG Secure Search\ROC_JAN2013_TB.exe" /PROMPT /CMPID=JAN2013_TB.
- ROC_roc_ssl_v12.exe is loaded in the current user (HKCU) registry as an auto-starting executable named 'ROC_roc_ssl_v12' and executes as "C:\Program Files\AVG Secure Search\ROC_roc_ssl_v12.exe" / /PROMPT /CMPID=roc_ssl_v12.
- AVG-Secure-Search-Update_MAY2013_TB.exe is loaded in the current user (HKCU) registry as an auto-starting executable named 'AVG-Secure-Search-Update_MAY2013_TB' and executes as "C:\Program Files\AVG SafeGuard toolbar\AVG-Secure-Search-Update_MAY2013_TB.exe" /PROMPT /CMPID=MAY2013_TB.
6 Startup Files (All Users Run)
- vprot.exe is loaded in the all users (HKLM) registry as a startup file name 'vProt' which loads as "C:\Program Files\AVG Secure Search\vprot.exe".
- roc.exe is loaded in the all users (HKLM) registry as a startup file name 'ROC_roc_dec12' which loads as "C:\Program Files\AVG Secure Search\ROC_roc_dec12.exe" /PROMPT /CMPID=roc_dec12.
- roc_july.exe is loaded in the all users (HKLM) registry as a startup file name 'ROC_ROC_JULY_P1' which loads as "C:\Program Files\AVG Secure Search\ROC_ROC_JULY_P1.exe" / /PROMPT /CMPID=ROC_JULY_P1.
- HF_G_Jul.exe is loaded in the all users (HKLM) registry as a startup file name 'HF_G_Jul' which loads as "C:\Program Files\AVG Secure Search\HF_G_Jul.exe" /DoAction.
- roc_nt.exe is loaded in the all users (HKLM) registry as a startup file name 'ROC_ROC_NT' which loads as "C:\Program Files\AVG Secure Search\ROC_ROC_NT.exe" / /PROMPT /CMPID=ROC_NT.
- ROC_roc_ssl_v12.exe is loaded in the all users (HKLM) registry as a startup file name 'ROC_roc_ssl_v12' which loads as "C:\Program Files\AVG Secure Search\ROC_roc_ssl_v12.exe" / /PROMPT /CMPID=roc_ssl_v12.
Windows Firewall Allowed Program
- vprot.exe is added as a firewall exception for 'C:\Program Files\AVG Secure Search\vprot.exe'.
- vprot.exe connects to 18.104.22.168 (port 80).
- vprot.exe connects to 22.214.171.124 (port 80).
- vprot.exe connects to a209-8-118-67.deploy.akamaitechnologies.com (126.96.36.199 port 80).
- vprot.exe connects to a96-17-148-104.deploy.akamaitechnologies.com (188.8.131.52 port 80).
- vprot.exe connects to 184.108.40.206 (port 80).
- vprot.exe connects to 220.127.116.11 (port 80).
- vprot.exe connects to 18.104.22.168 (port 80).
- vprot.exe connects to 22.214.171.124 (port 80).
- vprot.exe connects to 126.96.36.199 (port 80).
- vprot.exe connects to 188.8.131.52 (port 80).
Plus 44 more
Resource utilization averages
Show technical details
|I/O reads/min:||1.89 KB|
|I/O writes/min:||6.05 KB|
|I/O reads/min:||70 Bytes|
|I/O writes/min:||16 Bytes|
How do I remove AVG Security Toolbar?
Quickly and completely remove AVG Security Toolbar from your computer by downloading "Should I Remove It?", its 100% FREE and installs in seconds (click the button below).
Or, you can uninstall AVG Security Toolbar from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
When you find the program AVG Security Toolbar, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove AVG Security Toolbar.
If for some reason uninstallation fails, please install Microsoft's uninstall fixer utility which will help fix problems with programs that can't be uninstalled at support.microsoft.com.
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
How do I reset my web browser?
If your web browser homepage and search settings have been modfied by AVG Security Toolbar you can restore them to their previous default settings.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and click the Tools button, and then click Internet options.
- Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset. Select the Delete personal settings check box if you would also like to remove search providers, Accelerators and home pages. When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings, click Close, and then click OK.
- The changes will take effect the next time you open IE.
- At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button, go over to the Help sub-menu and select Troubleshooting Information.
- To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens. It will close and be reset.
- When it's done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click Finish and Firefox will open.
- Open Chrome and click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings. In the "Search" section, click Manage search engine. Check if (Default) is displayed next to your preferred search engine. If not, mouse over it and click Make default. Mouse over any other suspicious search engine entries that are not familiar and click X to remove them.
- When the "Show Home button" checkbox is selected, a web address appears below it. If you want the Homepage button to open up a different webpage, click Change to enter a link.
- Restart Google Chrome.
Win 7 (SP1) 51%
Win Server 2003 0%
HOW IT STARTS
Automatically starts? Yes
(Found in the run registry)
Uninstall it 63%
Keep it 37%
Which Windows OS versions does it run on?
|Windows Server 2003
Which OS releases does it run on?
|Windows 7 Home Premium
|Microsoft Windows XP
|Windows 7 Ultimate
|Windows Vista Home Premiu...
|Windows 7 Professional
|Windows Vista Home Basic
46.15% of installs come from the United States
Which countries install it?
| United States
| United Kingdom
What PC manufacturers (OEMs) have it installed?
|HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook ...
|Dell Inspiron 1545
|HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook ...
|HP G60 Notebook PC
|HP Pavilion g6 Notebook P...
|BIOSTAR Group G41D3C
About AVG Technologies
AVG Technologies is a global leader in security software, protecting more than 110 million consumers and small business computer users in 167 countries.
Publisher URL: www.avg.com