Should I remove XenApp Desktop?
What percent of users and experts removed it?
4% remove it96% keep it
What do people think about it?
(click star to rate)
How common is it?
What is XenApp Desktop? (from Citrix Systems)
XenDesktop simplifies virtual desktop and Windows app delivery to an increasingly mobile workforce. Leverage the elasticity of hybrid clouds and the security of mobile device management. XenDesktop empowers employees by instantly mobilizing five generations of Windows apps for use on any device, anywhere. Employees bec... Read more
XenApp Desktop is a software program developed by Citrix Systems. During setup, the program creates a startup registration point in Windows in order to automatically start when any user boots the PC. The setup package generally installs about 34 files and is usually about 8.1 MB (8,489,278 bytes). Relative to the overall usage of users who have this installed on their PCs, most are running Windows 7 (SP1) and Windows 8. While about 80% of users of XenApp Desktop come from the United States, it is also popular in United Kingdom.
Installation folder: C:\Program Files\citrix\selfserviceplugin
Uninstaller: C:\Program Files\Citrix\SelfServicePlugin\SelfServiceUninstaller.exe -u "cc-cde7b7bd@@Controller.XenApp Desktop"
Estimated size: 8.1 MB
Files installed by XenApp Desktop
Startup File (User Run)
- SelfService.exe is loaded in the current user (HKCU) registry as an auto-starting executable named 'Self-service' and executes as C:\Program Files\Citrix\SelfServicePlugin\SelfService.exe -logonreconnectapps.
Startup File (All Users Run)
- SelfService.exe is loaded in the all users (HKLM) registry as a startup file name 'CitrixSelfService64' which loads as "C:\Program Files\Citrix\SelfServicePlugin\SelfService.exe".
Resource utilization averages
Show technical details
How do I remove XenApp Desktop?
Quickly and completely remove XenApp Desktop from your computer by downloading "Should I Remove It?", its 100% FREE and installs in seconds (click the button below).
Or, you can uninstall XenApp Desktop from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
When you find the program XenApp Desktop, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove XenApp Desktop.
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
Win 7 (SP1) 50%
Win 8 50%
HOW IT STARTS
Automatically starts? Yes
(Found in the run registry)
Uninstall it 4%
Keep it 96%
Which Windows OS versions does it run on?
Which OS releases does it run on?
|Windows 7 Home Premium
|Windows 8 Pro
80.00% of installs come from the United States
Which countries install it?
| United States
| United Kingdom
What PC manufacturers (OEMs) have it installed?
About Citrix Systems
Citrix Systems provides server and desktop virtualization, networking, software-as-a-service (SaaS), and cloud computing technologies, including Xen open source products.
Publisher URL: www.citrix.com