Should I remove Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 KB2628259?
What percent of users and experts removed it?
1% remove it99% keep it
What do people think about it?
(click star to rate)
How common is it?
Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 KB2628259
Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 KB2628259 is a software program developed by Microsoft. Upon being installed, the software adds a Windows Service which is designed to run continuously in the background. Manually stopping the service has been seen to cause the program to stop functing properly. It adds a background controller service that is set to automatically run. Delaying the start of this service is possible through the service manager. The primary executable is named ehshell.exe. The setup package generally installs about 42 files. Relative to the overall usage of those who have this installed, most are running it on Windows XP. While about 83% of users of Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 KB2628259 come from the United States, it is also popular in Canada.
Help link: support.microsoft.com?kbid=2628259
Installation folder: C:\windows\ehome
Files installed by Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 KB2628259
- ehdrop.dll is registered as an AutoPlay event handler named 'EHomeVideosHandler' with the ProgID of 'EHomeDropTarget.EHomeVideosHandler' and the action verb 'play.
- ehrecvr.exe runs as a service named 'Media Center Receiver Service' (ehRecvr) "Media Center Service for TV and FM broadcast reception".
Resource utilization averages
Show technical details
|I/O reads/min:||29 Bytes|
|I/O reads/min:||41 Bytes|
|I/O writes/min:||3 Bytes|
|I/O reads/min:||34 Bytes|
|I/O writes/min:||2 Bytes|
How do I remove Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 KB2628259?
Quickly and completely remove Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 KB2628259 from your computer by downloading "Should I Remove It?", its 100% FREE and installs in seconds (click the button below).
Or, you can uninstall Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 KB2628259 from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
When you find the program Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 KB2628259, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 KB2628259.
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
HOW IT RUNS
Windows Service? Yes
(Installs a service)
Uninstall it 1%
Keep it 99%
MOST USED OS
83.33% of installs come from the United States
Which countries install it?
| United States
Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses and supports a variety of products and services related to computing.
Publisher URL: www.microsoft.com