Should I remove Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 KB2619340?
What percent of users and experts removed it?
8% remove it92% keep it
What do people think about it?
(click star to rate)
How common is it?
Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 KB2619340
What is Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 KB2619340? (from Microsoft)
A security issue has been identified that could allow an unauthenticated remote attacker to compromise your system and gain control over it. You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this update, you may have to restart your system.
Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 KB2619340 is a program developed by Microsoft. It adds a background controller service that is set to automatically run. Delaying the start of this service is possible through the service manager. The main program executable is ehshell.exe. The software installer includes 42 files. A majority of the PCs this is running on, most OS versions are Windows XP. The distribution of this has mostly been seen in the United States.
Help link: support.microsoft.com?kbid=2619340
Installation folder: C:\windows\ehome
Files installed by Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 KB2619340
- ehdrop.dll is registered as an AutoPlay event handler named 'EHomeVideosHandler' with the ProgID of 'EHomeDropTarget.EHomeVideosHandler' and the action verb 'play.
- ehrecvr.exe runs as a service named 'Media Center Receiver Service' (ehRecvr) "Media Center Service for TV and FM broadcast reception".
Resource utilization averages
Show technical details
|I/O reads/min:||29 Bytes|
|I/O reads/min:||34 Bytes|
|I/O writes/min:||2 Bytes|
How do I remove Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 KB2619340?
Quickly and completely remove Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 KB2619340 from your computer by downloading "Should I Remove It?", its 100% FREE and installs in seconds (click the button below).
Or, you can uninstall Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 KB2619340 from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
When you find the program Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 KB2619340, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 KB2619340.
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
HOW IT RUNS
Windows Service? Yes
(Installs a service)
Uninstall it 8%
Keep it 92%
MOST USED OS
100.00% of installs come from the United States
Which countries install it?
Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses and supports a variety of products and services related to computing.
Publisher URL: www.microsoft.com