Should I remove Whitesmoke Search Protect?
What percent of users and experts removed it?
82% remove it18% keep it
What do people think about it?
(click star to rate)
How common is it?
Whitesmoke Search Protect
Whitesmoke Search Protect is a software program developed by WhiteSmoke. It adds registry entry for the current user which will allow the program to automatically start each time it is rebooted. The primary executable is named whitesmoke.exe. A majority of users end up uninstalling this less than a week of it being installed. The setup package generally installs about 6 files and is usually about 1.96 MB (2,056,835 bytes). Relative to the overall usage of those who have this installed, most are running it on Windows 7 (SP1). Most users that have installed this software come from the United States.
- Malware detected in the program
- Automatically starts with Windows
- Typically distributed through a pay-per-install bundle
- The experts agree, you should remove it!
, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Whitesmoke Search Protect.
|whitesmoke.exe (1447ec925e8c43d6716529cf4fd0179c) has been flagged by the following 12 scanners:|
||a variant of Win32/Toolbar.Montiera.L
Whitesmoke Search Protect has been found to be bundled with 3rd party software. If you have not purposefully installed this, you should be safe uninstalling it.
Find out how to remove Whitesmoke Search Protect.
Installation folder: C:\users\user\appdata\local\whitesmoke\whitesmoke\22.214.171.124
Uninstaller: "C:\users\user\appdata\Local\whitesmoke\whitesmoke\126.96.36.199\whtsmksetup.exe" /uninstl
Estimated size: 1.96 MB
Files installed by Whitesmoke Search Protect
|Program executable:||whitesmoke.exe (Malware detected)|
Startup File (User Run)
- whitesmoke.exe is loaded in the current user (HKCU) registry as an auto-starting executable named 'Whitesmoke Search Protect' and executes as C:\users\user\appdata\Local\whitesmoke\whitesmoke\188.8.131.52\whitesmoke.exe.
How do I remove Whitesmoke Search Protect?
Quickly and completely remove Whitesmoke Search Protect from your computer by downloading "Should I Remove It?", its 100% FREE and installs in seconds (click the button below).
Or, you can uninstall Whitesmoke Search Protect from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
When you find the program Whitesmoke Search Protect, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove Whitesmoke Search Protect.
If for some reason uninstallation fails, please install Microsoft's uninstall fixer utility which will help fix problems with programs that can't be uninstalled at support.microsoft.com.
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
Scan your PC for malware
If you do not have a good anti-virus program, please consider installing one. Below are some we highly recommend.
WHEN IT STARTS
(Found in the run registry)
Uninstall it 82%
Keep it 18%
MOST USED OS
Windows 7 (SP1)
100.00% of installs come from the United States
Which countries install it?
About (from WhiteSmoke)
WhiteSmoke is a world-leading company in the field of English writing technologies, with a focus on products that enhance and correct grammar, spelling, and writing style.
Publisher URL: www.whitesmoke.com