Should I remove Webroot - WebSync?
What percent of users and experts removed it?
8% remove it92% keep it
What do people think about it?
Be the first to rate (click star to rate)
How common is it?
Webroot - WebSync
Webroot - WebSync is a program developed by Webroot. Upon installation and setup, it defines an auto-start registry entry which makes this program run on each Windows boot for all user logins. A scheduled task is added to Windows Task Scheduler in order to launch the program at various scheduled times (the schedule varies depending on the version). The software is designed to connect to the Internet and adds a Windows Firewall exception in order to do so without being interfered with. The main program executable is javaws.exe. The software installer includes 42 files and is usually about 22.19 MB (23,266,292 bytes). A majority of the PCs this is running on, most OS versions are Windows XP. The distribution of this has mostly been seen in the United States.
Installation folder: C:\Program Files\java\jre1.6.0_02\bin
Uninstaller: C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\javaws.exe -uninstall -prompt "httC://www.share.webroot.com/resources/websync/wr/websync.jarjnlp"
Estimated size: 22.19 MB
Files installed by Webroot - WebSync
|Name:||Java(TM) Platform SE 6 U2|
|Java(TM) Web Start Launcher|
- jusched.exe is scheduled as a task named 'Java(TM) Platform SE 6 U2' (runs weekly on Mondays at 10:00 AM).
Startup File (All Users Run)
- jusched.exe is loaded in the all users (HKLM) registry as a startup file name 'SunJavaUpdateSched' which loads as "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\jusched.exe".
2 Windows Firewall Allowed Programs
- javaw.exe is added as a firewall exception for 'C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_02\bin\javaw.exe'.
- java.exe is added as a firewall exception for 'C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_02\jre\bin\java.exe'.
- javaw.exe connects to 100.100.100.200 (port 1640).
- javaw.exe connects to extvmcentral16.senvid.net (188.8.131.52 port 1901).
Resource utilization averages
Show technical details
|I/O reads/min:||4.48 KB|
|I/O writes/min:||6.82 KB|
How do I remove Webroot - WebSync?
Quickly and completely remove Webroot - WebSync from your computer by downloading "Should I Remove It?", its 100% FREE and installs in seconds (click the button below).
Or, you can uninstall Webroot - WebSync from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
When you find the program Webroot - WebSync, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove Webroot - WebSync.
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
HOW IT STARTS
Automatically starts? Yes
(Found in the run registry)
Uninstall it 8%
Keep it 92%
MOST USED OS
100.00% of installs come from the United States
Which countries install it?