Should I remove Webroot Internet Security Essentials?
What percent of users and experts removed it?
8% remove it92% keep it
What do people think about it?
Be the first to rate (click star to rate)
How common is it?
Webroot Internet Security Essentials
Webroot Internet Security Essentials is a program developed by Webroot. The most used version is 6.1, with over 98% of all installations currently using this version. Upon installation and setup, it defines an auto-start registry entry which makes this program run on each Windows boot for all user logins. It adds a background controller service that is set to automatically run. Delaying the start of this service is possible through the service manager. A scheduled task is added to Windows Task Scheduler in order to launch the program at various scheduled times (the schedule varies depending on the version). The main program executable is spysweeperui.exe. The software installer includes 25 files and is usually about 66.71 MB (69,954,407 bytes). In comparison to the total number of users, most PCs are running the OS Windows 7 (SP1) as well as Windows 8. While about 80% of users of Webroot Internet Security Essentials come from the United States, it is also popular in Belgium.
Installation folder: C:\Program Files\Webroot\WebrootSecurity\
Uninstaller: "C:\Program Files\Webroot\WebrootSecurity\unins000.exe"
Estimated size: 66.71 MB
Files installed by Webroot Internet Security Essentials
|Spy Sweeper Client Executable|
- SpySweeperUI.exe is scheduled as a task named 'wrSpySweeper_L487C63B5258B497582372ACBCA34B5A1' (runs weekly on Fridays at 01:00).
- WRConsumerService.exe runs as a service named 'Webroot Client Service' (WRConsumerService) "This service provides system level operations for the Webroot Client.".
- SpySweeper.exe runs as a service named 'Webroot Spy Sweeper Engine' (WebrootSpySweeperService) "Provides core functionality to Webroot Spy Sweeper. This service must be enabled and started for Spy Sweeper to function.".
Startup File (All Users Run)
- SpySweeperUI.exe is loaded in the all users (HKLM) registry as a startup file name 'SpySweeper' which loads as C:\Program Files\Webroot\WebrootSecurity\SpySweeperUI.exe /startintray.
How do I remove Webroot Internet Security Essentials?
Quickly and completely remove Webroot Internet Security Essentials from your computer by downloading "Should I Remove It?", its 100% FREE and installs in seconds (click the button below).
Or, you can uninstall Webroot Internet Security Essentials from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
When you find the program Webroot Internet Security Essentials, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove Webroot Internet Security Essentials.
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
PC BRAND OF CHOICE
Win 7 (SP1) 50%
Win 8 50%
HOW IT STARTS
Automatically starts? Yes
(Found in the run registry)
Which Windows OS versions does it run on?
Which OS releases does it run on?
|Windows 7 Home Premium
80.00% of installs come from the United States
Which countries install it?
| United States