Should I remove WS Toolbar?
What percent of users and experts removed it?
81% remove it19% keep it
What do people think about it?
(click star to rate)
How common is it?
from WS Toolbaar Inc.
What is WS Toolbar?
WS Toolbar is an adware web browser extension that will display various popup and banner ads as well as modify the user's web browser search and home page settings. In some cases, the program will monitor a user's behavior and will inject rival advertisements over existing one or just inject new ones all together.
As part of the installation process the publisher may offer changes to your Internet Browser settings. These changes if approved by you can be reconfigured by you at any time from the options dialog available on your Internet Browser. Such changes may include the following:
- The homepage of your Internet Browser
- The default search engine in your Internet Browser's built-in search box
- The page displayed when opening a new tab
A majority of users end up uninstalling this less than a week of it being installed. The setup package is about 689.55 KB (706,096 bytes) when donwloaded.
Installation folder: C:\Program Files\WS Toolbar
Uninstaller: "C:\Program Files\WS Toolbar\uninstall.exe" "/C:C:\Program Files\WS Toolbar\Uninstall\uninstall.xml"
Estimated size: 689.55 KB
Files installed by WS Toolbar
How do I remove WS Toolbar?
Quickly and completely remove WS Toolbar from your computer by downloading "Should I Remove It?", its 100% FREE and installs in seconds (click the button below).
Or, you can uninstall WS Toolbar from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
When you find the program WS Toolbar, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove WS Toolbar.
If for some reason uninstallation fails, please install Microsoft's uninstall fixer utility which will help fix problems with programs that can't be uninstalled at support.microsoft.com.
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
How do I reset my web browser?
If your web browser homepage and search settings have been modfied by WS Toolbar you can restore them to their previous default settings.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and click the Tools button, and then click Internet options.
- Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset. Select the Delete personal settings check box if you would also like to remove search providers, Accelerators and home pages. When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings, click Close, and then click OK.
- The changes will take effect the next time you open IE.
- At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button, go over to the Help sub-menu and select Troubleshooting Information.
- To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens. It will close and be reset.
- When it's done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click Finish and Firefox will open.
- Open Chrome and click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings. In the "Search" section, click Manage search engine. Check if (Default) is displayed next to your preferred search engine. If not, mouse over it and click Make default. Mouse over any other suspicious search engine entries that are not familiar and click X to remove them.
- When the "Show Home button" checkbox is selected, a web address appears below it. If you want the Homepage button to open up a different webpage, click Change to enter a link.
- Restart Google Chrome.
Uninstall it 81%
Keep it 19%
MOST USED OS
Windows 7 (SP1)
80.00% of installs come from the United States
Which countries install it?
| United States
What PC manufacturers (OEMs) have it installed?