Should I remove Update Bonanza?
What percent of users and experts removed it?
84% remove it16% keep it
What do people think about it?
(click star to rate)
How common is it?
What is Update Bonanza?
Update Bonanza injects advertisements with its affiliate ad providers in order to serve a number of ad types including banner, inline text links and popups. These ads are aimed to promote the installation of additional questionable content including web browser toolbars, optimization utilities and other products, all so the publisher can generate pay-per-click revenue.
Once infected by this common symptoms include:
- Other unwanted adware programs might get installed without the user's knowledge.
- Web pages become extremely slow to download due to the multiple ads.
- Random web page text is turned into hyperlinks.
- Browser popups appear which recommend fake updates or other software.
The advertisements that are displayed in the browser could include deceptive malvertising ads for 'required' updates of known common programs as well as unwanted pop-ups advertisements. If downloaded these programs install a number of bundled adware utilities and additional browser extensions. Additionally components of the program will modify the browser's default security levels.
About (from installCore)
The Toolbar interacts with your computer by: Displaying advertisements, including without limitation by inserting into web pages or displaying over parts of such web pages advertisements, banners or coupons that would not otherwise appear; Converting words on pages you view into hyperlinks that are linked to advertisem... Read more
- Malware detected in the program
- Typically distributed through a pay-per-install bundle
- Displays unwanted advertisements
- Most users and experts agree, you should remove it!
, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Update Bonanza.
|UpdateTask.exe (dcaa209ed3347b1f2d5302d5f01a3367) has been flagged by the following 3 scanners:|
||a variant of Win32/DealPly.O
||8/26/2014 rev. 3
Update Bonanza has been found to be bundled with 3rd party software. If you have not purposefully installed this, you should be safe uninstalling it.
Find out how to remove Update Bonanza.
Displayed publisher: Update Bonanza
Installation folder: C:\users\user\appdata\roaming\updatebonanza\updateproc
Uninstaller: C:\users\user\appdata\Roaming\UpdateBonanza\UpdateProc\UpdateTask.exe /Uninstall
Files installed by Update Bonanza
- UpdateTask.exe is scheduled as a task named 'Update Bonanza' (runs daily at 00:17).
How do I remove Update Bonanza?
Quickly and completely remove Update Bonanza from your computer by downloading "Should I Remove It?", its 100% FREE and installs in seconds (click the button below).
Or, you can uninstall Update Bonanza from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
When you find the program Update Bonanza, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove Update Bonanza.
If for some reason uninstallation fails, please install Microsoft's uninstall fixer utility which will help fix problems with programs that can't be uninstalled at support.microsoft.com.
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
Scan your PC for malware
If you do not have a good anti-virus program, please consider installing one. Below are some we highly recommend.
Win 7 (SP1) 75%
Win 7 25%
Uninstall it 84%
Keep it 16%
AVERAGE INSTALL LIFESPAN
Which Windows OS versions does it run on?
Which OS releases does it run on?
|Windows 7 Ultimate
|Windows 7 Enterprise
55.56% of installs come from the United States
Which countries install it?
| United States
| United Kingdom
What PC manufacturers (OEMs) have it installed?
|Dell Latitude E6430