Should I remove TripAdvisor?
What percent of users and experts removed it?
21% remove it79% keep it
What do people think about it?
(click star to rate)
How common is it?
What is TripAdvisor?
TripAdvisor is a desktop app for the Pokki platform that runs as an embedded HTML5 program within the Pokki mobile app-like interface. The Software automatically collects usage information with respect to particular Pokki Apps.
About (from SweetLabs)
The TripAdvisor app is free and easy to use. Millions of traveler reviews, photos, maps from TripAdvisor. Plan and have your perfect trip. With over 100 million reviews and opinions by travelers, TripAdvisor makes it easy to find the lowest airfare, best hotels, great restaurants, and fun things to do, wherever you go.... Read more
It adds registry entry for the current user which will allow the program to automatically start each time it is rebooted. The setup package generally installs about 18 files and is usually about 96.17 MB (100,838,916 bytes). The installed file HostAppServiceUpdater.exe is the auto-update component of the program which is designed to check for software updates and notify and apply them when new versions are discovered.
Installation folder: C:\users\user\appdata\local\pokki\engine
Uninstaller: "C:\users\user\appdata\Local\Pokki\Engine\pokki.exe" /UNINSTALLd9d7806db9755a47e64ab5915405c2eab7faa374
Estimated size: 96.17 MB
Files installed by TripAdvisor
Scheduled Task (Boot/Login)
- HostAppServiceUpdater.exe is automatically launched at startup through a scheduled task named Pokki_Reg_HKCURun_S-1-5-21-2475710725-4113460478-2195723455-1001.
3 Startup Files (User Run)
- HostAppServiceUpdater.exe is loaded in the current user (HKCU) registry as an auto-starting executable named 'Pokki' and executes as "C:\users\user\appdata\Local\Pokki\Engine\HostAppServiceUpdater.exe" /LOGON.
- Launcher.dll is loaded in the current user (HKCU) registry as an auto-starting executable named 'Pokki' and executes as C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe "C:\users\user\appdata\Local\Pokki\Engine\Launcher.dll",RunLaunchPlatform.
- pokki.exe is loaded in the current user (HKCU) registry as an auto-starting executable named 'pokki.exe' and executes as C:\users\user\appdata\Local\Pokki\Engine\pokki.exe.
2 Startup Files (User Run Once)
- HostAppService.exe is loaded once in the current user (HKCU) registry as a startup file name 'Application Restart #11' which loads as C:\users\user\appdata\Local\Pokki\Engine\HostAppService.exe --disable-internal-flash --noerrdialogs --no-message-box --disable-extensions --disable-web-security --disable-web-resources --disable-clie.
- pokki.exe is loaded once in the current user (HKCU) registry as a startup file name 'Application Restart #7' which loads as C:\users\user\appdata\Local\Pokki\Engine\pokki.exe --disable-internal-flash --noerrdialogs --no-message-box --disable-extensions --disable-web-security --disable-web-resources --disable-client-side-p.
- pokki.exe connects to www2.twitter.com (18.104.22.168 port 443).
Resource utilization averages
Show technical details
|I/O reads/min:||12.54 KB|
|I/O writes/min:||2.31 KB|
|I/O reads/min:||109.91 KB|
|I/O writes/min:||106.14 KB|
|I/O reads/min:||932.54 KB|
|I/O writes/min:||217.3 KB|
How do I remove TripAdvisor?
Quickly and completely remove TripAdvisor from your computer by downloading "Should I Remove It?", its 100% FREE and installs in seconds (click the button below).
Or, you can uninstall TripAdvisor from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
When you find the program TripAdvisor, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove TripAdvisor.
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
WHEN IT STARTS
(Found in the run registry)
Uninstall it 21%
Keep it 79%
MOST USED OS
75.00% of installs come from the United States
Which countries install it?
| United States
| United Kingdom
What PC manufacturers (OEMs) have it installed?
SweetLabs has two platforms, Pokki, a platform which brings media-rich web apps to the desktop and the OpenCandy Software Network, which offers installer based software bundles through the download and installation process.
Publisher URL: www.pokki.com