Should I remove The Verge?
What percent of users and experts removed it?
27% remove it73% keep it
What do people think about it?
(click star to rate)
How common is it?
The Verge is a software program developed by Pokki. It adds registry entry for the current user which will allow the program to automatically start each time it is rebooted. The setup package generally installs about 16 files and is usually about 106.55 MB (111,728,341 bytes). The installed file HostAppServiceUpdater.exe is the auto-update component of the program which is designed to check for software updates and notify and apply them when new versions are discovered. Relative to the overall usage of those who have this installed, most are running it on Windows 8. While about 80% of users of The Verge come from the United States, it is also popular in New Zealand.
Installation folder: C:\users\user\appdata\local\pokki\engine
Uninstaller: "C:\users\user\appdata\Local\Pokki\Engine\HostAppService.exe" /UNINSTALLeb7ba64b5c464fb99aa8331d2be88541ceba28ff
Estimated size: 106.55 MB
Files installed by The Verge
Scheduled Task (Boot/Login)
- HostAppServiceUpdater.exe is automatically launched at startup through a scheduled task named Pokki.
Startup File (User Run)
- HostAppServiceUpdater.exe is loaded in the current user (HKCU) registry as an auto-starting executable named 'Pokki' and executes as "C:\users\user\appdata\Local\Pokki\Engine\HostAppServiceUpdater.exe" /LOGON.
Startup File (User Run Once)
- HostAppService.exe is loaded once in the current user (HKCU) registry as a startup file name 'Application Restart #8' which loads as C:\users\user\appdata\Local\Pokki\Engine\HostAppService.exe --disable-internal-flash --noerrdialogs --no-message-box --disable-extensions --disable-web-security --disable-web-resources --disable-clie.
How do I remove The Verge?
Quickly and completely remove The Verge from your computer by downloading "Should I Remove It?", its 100% FREE and installs in seconds (click the button below).
Or, you can uninstall The Verge from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
When you find the program The Verge, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove The Verge.
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
PC BRAND OF CHOICE
WHEN IT STARTS
(Found in the run registry)
Uninstall it 27%
Keep it 73%
80.00% of installs come from the United States
Which countries install it?
| United States
| New Zealand