Should I remove Smart Engine?
What percent of users and experts removed it?
1% remove it99% keep it
What do people think about it?
Be the first to rate (click star to rate)
How common is it?
from UIS Inc.
Smart Engine is a program developed by UIS. Upon installation, it defines an auto-start registry entry which allows the program run on each boot for the user which installed it. The software is designed to connect to the Internet and adds a Windows Firewall exception in order to do so without being interfered with. The main program executable is smdad_2196.exe. The software installer includes 7 files and is usually about 3.7 MB (3,876,929 bytes). In comparison to the total number of users, most PCs are running the OS Windows XP as well as Windows Vista (SP2). The distribution of this has mostly been seen in the United States.
Installation folder: C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\dadd66\
Uninstaller: "C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\dadd66\SMdad_2196.exe" /del
Estimated size: 3.7 MB
Files installed by Smart Engine
|Path:||C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application data\dadd66\smdad_2196.exe|
Startup File (User Run)
- SM659_2208.exe is loaded in the current user (HKCU) registry as an auto-starting executable named 'Smart Engine' and executes as "C:\ProgramData\659432\SM659_2208.exe" /s /d.
Windows Firewall Allowed Program
- SMdad_2196.exe is added as a firewall exception for 'C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\dadd66\SMdad_2196.exe'.
How do I remove Smart Engine?
Quickly and completely remove Smart Engine from your computer by downloading "Should I Remove It?", its 100% FREE and installs in seconds (click the button below).
Or, you can uninstall Smart Engine from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
When you find the program Smart Engine, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove Smart Engine.
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
Win XP 50%
Win Vista (SP2) 50%
WHEN IT STARTS
(Found in the run registry)
Uninstall it 1%
Keep it 99%
Which Windows OS versions does it run on?
Which OS releases does it run on?
|Microsoft Windows XP
|Windows Vista Home Premiu...
100.00% of installs come from the United States
Which countries install it?
What PC manufacturers (OEMs) have it installed?