Should I remove Sharp Maintenance App?
What percent of users and experts removed it?
26% remove it74% keep it
What do people think about it?
(click star to rate)
How common is it?
Sharp Maintenance App
by Sharp as a Tech, LLC
Sharp Maintenance App is a program developed by Sharp as a Tech. Upon installation and setup, it defines an auto-start registry entry which makes this program run on each Windows boot for all user logins. It adds a background controller service that is set to automatically run. Delaying the start of this service is possible through the service manager. A scheduled task is added to Windows Task Scheduler in order to launch the program at various scheduled times (the schedule varies depending on the version). The software installer includes 20 files. A majority of the PCs this is running on, most OS versions are Windows 7 (SP1). The distribution of this has mostly been seen in the United States.
Installation folder: C:\Program Files\dSupportSuite\
Uninstaller: "C:\Program Files\dSupportSuite\unins000.exe"
Files installed by Sharp Maintenance App
- dSupportSuite.exe is scheduled as a task named 'dSupportSuite - Maintenance Task' (runs weekly on Fridays at 11:15 PM).
- dSSEventSvc.exe runs as a service named 'dSupportSuite Event Service' (dSSEventSvc) "dSupportSuite Event Monitoring Service".
Startup File (All Users Run)
- dSS_Splash.exe is loaded in the all users (HKLM) registry as a startup file name 'dSupportSuite Startup' which loads as C:\Program Files\dSupportSuite\dSS_Splash.exe.
How do I remove Sharp Maintenance App?
Quickly and completely remove Sharp Maintenance App from your computer by downloading "Should I Remove It?", its 100% FREE and installs in seconds (click the button below).
Or, you can uninstall Sharp Maintenance App from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
When you find the program Sharp Maintenance App, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove Sharp Maintenance App.
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
HOW IT STARTS
Automatically starts? Yes
(Found in the run registry)
Uninstall it 26%
Keep it 74%
MOST USED OS
Windows 7 (SP1)
100.00% of installs come from the United States
Which countries install it?