Should I remove SearchGnome?
What percent of users and experts removed it?
88% remove it12% keep it
What do people think about it?
(click star to rate)
How common is it?
from Edward Sloan
What is SearchGnome?
SearchGnome is a web browser toolbar and extension that modifies the browsers search and home pages as well as delivers contextual based advertising. This toolbar currently supports Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome. In order to provide search advertising revenue, the software is designed not only to modify the search provider but to protect it so that it remains the default browser search engine. It is typically installed via a co-bundled offer within a third-party software distribution.
What it does:
- Modifies the default search engine and search provider.
- Changes the default browser home page.
- Adds search functionality from the address bar.
- Adds alternative redirection "page not found".
- Displays/hijacks advertising.
The primary executable is named searchgnome.exe. A majority of users end up uninstalling this less than a week of it being installed. The setup package is about 976.93 KB (1,000,374 bytes) when donwloaded.
SearchGnome has been found to be bundled with 3rd party software. If you have not purposefully installed this, you should be safe uninstalling it.
Find out how to remove SearchGnome 3.00.0003.
Displayed publisher: SearchGnome
Installation folder: C:\Program Files\eBay\SearchGnome
Uninstaller: C:\Program Files2\eBay\SEARCH~1\UNINST~1.EXE /remove /q0
Estimated size: 976.93 KB
Files installed by SearchGnome 3.00.0003
How do I remove SearchGnome?
Quickly and completely remove SearchGnome 3.00.0003 from your computer by downloading "Should I Remove It?", its 100% FREE and installs in seconds (click the button below).
Or, you can uninstall SearchGnome from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
When you find the program SearchGnome 3.00.0003, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove SearchGnome.
If for some reason uninstallation fails, please install Microsoft's uninstall fixer utility which will help fix problems with programs that can't be uninstalled at support.microsoft.com.
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
Uninstall it 88%
Keep it 12%
MOST USED OS
Windows 7 (SP1)
100.00% of installs come from the United States
Which countries install it?