Should I remove REMOVE ME?
What percent of users and experts removed it?
80% remove it20% keep it
What do people think about it?
(click star to rate)
How common is it?
from Boost Software Inc
REMOVE ME is a software program developed by Boost Software Inc. During setup, the program registers itself to launch on boot through a Windows Schedule Task in order to automatically start-up (this is typically done to avoid any UAC prompts). A scheduled task is added to Windows Task Scheduler in order to launch the program at various scheduled times (the schedule varies depending on the version). The primary executable is named pcspeedboost.exe. A majority of users end up uninstalling this less than a week of it being installed. The setup package generally installs about 17 files and is usually about 32.51 MB (34,092,814 bytes). The software utilizes the Nokia Qt cross-platforms C++ framework. Relative to the overall usage of those who have this installed, most are running it on Windows 8. Most users that have installed this software come from the United States.
- Malware detected in the program
- Starts automatically
- Delivered through a thrid-party offer
- The experts agree, you should remove it!
, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in REMOVE ME.
|pcspeedboost.exe (2f152a8b449f5bc73dc7c079069d518f) has been flagged by the following 6 scanners:|
||11/20/2014 rev. 5
REMOVE ME has been found to be bundled with 3rd party software. If you have not purposefully installed this, you should be safe uninstalling it.
Find out how to remove REMOVE ME.
Displayed publisher: Boost Software Inc.
Help link: help.pcspeedboost.com
Installation folder: C:\Program Files\PC SpeedBoost
Uninstaller: "C:\Program Files\PC SpeedBoost\hbuninst.exe" /keyprog=PCSpeedBoost
Estimated size: 32.51 MB
Files installed by REMOVE ME
|Program executable:||pcspeedboost.exe (Malware detected)|
|Path:||C:\Program Files\pc speedboost\pcspeedboost.exe|
- PCSpeedBoost.exe is scheduled as a task named 'PCSB_jenny dixon_PCSpeedBoost_RS_WeeklyTask' (runs weekly on Tuesdays at 2:15 PM).
Scheduled Task (Boot/Login)
- PCSpeedBoost.exe is automatically launched at startup through a scheduled task named PCSB_jenny dixon_PCSpeedBoost_LogonTask.
How do I remove REMOVE ME?
Quickly and completely remove REMOVE ME from your computer by downloading "Should I Remove It?", its 100% FREE and installs in seconds (click the button below).
Or, you can uninstall REMOVE ME from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
When you find the program REMOVE ME, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove REMOVE ME.
If for some reason uninstallation fails, please install Microsoft's uninstall fixer utility which will help fix problems with programs that can't be uninstalled at support.microsoft.com.
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
Scan your PC for malware
If you do not have a good anti-virus program, please consider installing one. Below are some we highly recommend.
HOW IT STARTS
Scheduled task? Yes
(Runs on Windows boot)
Uninstall it 80%
Keep it 20%
MOST USED OS
100.00% of installs come from the United States
Which countries install it?