Should I remove Popup Filter?
What percent of users and experts removed it?
41% remove it59% keep it
What do people think about it?
(click star to rate)
How common is it?
by FilterGate Ltd.
Popup Filter is a software program developed by FilterGate. During setup, the program creates a startup registration point in Windows in order to automatically start when any user boots the PC. The primary executable is named filtergate.exe. The setup package generally installs about 3 files and is usually about 1.33 MB (1,399,803 bytes). Relative to the overall usage of users who have this installed on their PCs, most are running Windows 7 and Windows 7 (SP1). While about 80% of users of Popup Filter come from the United States, it is also popular in Iran.
Installation folder: C:\Program Files\FilterGate
Uninstaller: C:\Program Files2\FILTER~1\filtergate.exe /uninstall
Estimated size: 1.33 MB
Files installed by Popup Filter
|FilterGate - Internet filtering application.|
Startup File (All Users Run)
- filtergate.exe is loaded in the all users (HKLM) registry as a startup file name 'FilterGate' which loads as C:\Program Files2\FILTER~1\filtergate.exe /ASK.
How do I remove Popup Filter?
Quickly and completely remove Popup Filter from your computer by downloading "Should I Remove It?", its 100% FREE and installs in seconds (click the button below).
Or, you can uninstall Popup Filter from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
When you find the program Popup Filter, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove Popup Filter.
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
Win 7 50%
Win 7 (SP1) 50%
HOW IT STARTS
Automatically starts? Yes
(Found in the run registry)
Uninstall it 41%
Keep it 59%
Which Windows OS versions does it run on?
Which OS releases does it run on?
|Windows 7 Home Premium
|Windows 7 Ultimate
80.00% of installs come from the United States
Which countries install it?
| United States