Should I remove Panda TotalScan?
What percent of users and experts removed it?
2% remove it98% keep it
What do people think about it?
Be the first to rate (click star to rate)
How common is it?
What is Panda TotalScan? (from Panda Security)
TotalScan uses the most effective technologies for detecting both known and unknown rootkits. Rootkits are programs designed to hide files, processes or registry entries. Although they are not malicious in themselves, cyber-criminals frequently use them to hide malicious code. In order to detect active rootkits on com... Read more
Panda TotalScan is a program developed by Panda Security. The most used version is 01.01.02.0002, with over 98% of all installations currently using this version. The main program executable is ascuninst.exe. The software installer includes 44 files and is usually about 85.79 MB (89,958,683 bytes). In comparison to the total number of users, most PCs are running the OS Windows XP as well as Windows XP. While about 50% of users of Panda TotalScan come from the United States, it is also popular in Canada and France.
Help link: www.nanoscan.com/as/faq
Installation folder: C:\Program Files\Panda Security\TotalScan
Uninstaller: C:\Program Files\Panda Security\TotalScan\ascuninst.exe
Estimated size: 85.79 MB
Files installed by Panda TotalScan
|Panda TotalScan Uninstaller module|
|Path:||C:\Program Files\panda security\totalscan\ascuninst.exe|
Google Chrome Plugin
- npwrapper.dll is loaded in the Google Chrome web browser as 'npwrapper.dll'.
- npwrapper.dll is loaded into Mozilla Firefox under the product name [email protected]/totalscan' with a plugin key of [email protected]/totalscan' for all users of the PC.
How do I remove Panda TotalScan?
Quickly and completely remove Panda TotalScan from your computer by downloading "Should I Remove It?", its 100% FREE and installs in seconds (click the button below).
Or, you can uninstall Panda TotalScan from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
When you find the program Panda TotalScan, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove Panda TotalScan.
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
How do I reset my web browser?
If your web browser homepage and search settings have been modfied by Panda TotalScan you can restore them to their previous default settings.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and click the Tools button, and then click Internet options.
- Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset. Select the Delete personal settings check box if you would also like to remove search providers, Accelerators and home pages. When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings, click Close, and then click OK.
- The changes will take effect the next time you open IE.
- At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button, go over to the Help sub-menu and select Troubleshooting Information.
- To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens. It will close and be reset.
- When it's done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click Finish and Firefox will open.
- Open Chrome and click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings. In the "Search" section, click Manage search engine. Check if (Default) is displayed next to your preferred search engine. If not, mouse over it and click Make default. Mouse over any other suspicious search engine entries that are not familiar and click X to remove them.
- When the "Show Home button" checkbox is selected, a web address appears below it. If you want the Homepage button to open up a different webpage, click Change to enter a link.
- Restart Google Chrome.
Win XP 60%
Win Vista (SP2) 20%
HOW DOES IT RUN?
Plugs into Mozilla Firefox
Uninstall it 2%
Keep it 98%
Which Windows OS versions does it run on?
Which OS releases does it run on?
|Microsoft Windows XP
|Windows Vista Home Premiu...
50.00% of installs come from the United States
Which countries install it?
| United States
| United Kingdom
What PC manufacturers (OEMs) have it installed?
About Panda Security
Panda Security is a software security developer focusing on the production of antivirus software whose line of to include firewalls, spam and spyware detection applications, cybercrime prevention technology, and other security tools for businesses and home users.
Publisher URL: www.pandasecurity.com