Should I remove PC Utility Kit AntiVirus?
What percent of users and experts removed it?
72% remove it28% keep it
What do people think about it?
Be the first to rate (click star to rate)
How common is it?
PC Utility Kit AntiVirus
from Red Dog Media
What is PC Utility Kit AntiVirus? (from Red Dog Media)
Run the free scan to identify the issues affecting your system and register a full version of the software for just $29.97 semiannually to clean, fix and optimize identified issues with your computer which could boost speed and performance, improve startup times, and increase stability. Live support is also available f... Read more
PC Utility Kit AntiVirus is a program developed by Red Dog Media. Upon installation and setup, it defines an auto-start registry entry which makes this program run on each Windows boot for all user logins. It adds a background controller service that is set to automatically run. Delaying the start of this service is possible through the service manager. The main program executable is pc utility kit antivirus.exe. Typically most users end up uninstalling this just after a few days. The software installer includes 30 files and is usually about 16.18 MB (16,966,272 bytes). A majority of the PCs this is running on, most OS versions are Windows 7 (SP1). While about 80% of users of PC Utility Kit AntiVirus come from the United States, it is also popular in Australia.
Installation folder: C:\Program Files\PC Utility Kit\PC Utility Kit AntiVirus
Uninstaller: C:\Program Files\PC Utility Kit\PC Utility Kit AntiVirus\uninstall.exe
Estimated size: 16.18 MB
Files installed by PC Utility Kit AntiVirus
|Program executable:||pc utility kit antivirus.exe|
|Name:||PC Utility Kit AntiVirus|
|Path:||C:\Program Files\pc utility kit\pc utility kit antivirus\pc utility kit antivirus.exe|
Scheduled Task (Boot/Login)
- PC Utility Kit AntiVirus.exe is automatically launched at startup through a scheduled task named PC Utility Kit AntiVirus Startup.
- SBAMSvc.exe runs as a service named 'SpeedMaxPc AntiVirus' (SBAMSvc) "Manages your antispyware and antivirus application".
Startup File (All Users Run)
- SBRC.exe is loaded in the all users (HKLM) registry as a startup file name 'SBRegRebootCleaner' which loads as "C:\Program Files\GFI Software\VIPRE\SBRC.exe".
Resource utilization averages
Show technical details
|I/O reads/min:||35.3 MB|
|I/O writes/min:||3.42 MB|
How do I remove PC Utility Kit AntiVirus?
Quickly and completely remove PC Utility Kit AntiVirus from your computer by downloading "Should I Remove It?", its 100% FREE and installs in seconds (click the button below).
Or, you can uninstall PC Utility Kit AntiVirus from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
When you find the program PC Utility Kit AntiVirus, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove PC Utility Kit AntiVirus.
If for some reason uninstallation fails, please install Microsoft's uninstall fixer utility which will help fix problems with programs that can't be uninstalled at support.microsoft.com.
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
HOW IT STARTS
Automatically starts? Yes
(Found in the run registry)
Uninstall it 72%
Keep it 28%
MOST USED OS
Windows 7 (SP1)
80.00% of installs come from the United States
Which countries install it?
| United States
What PC manufacturers (OEMs) have it installed?