Should I remove Open Slideshow?
What percent of users and experts removed it?
76% remove it24% keep it
What do people think about it?
(click star to rate)
How common is it?
What is Open Slideshow?
This is an ad Injector type of malware that is typically bundled with unwanted software offers for legitimate software and once installed is deceptive, difficult to remove as well as impacts the security of the user's computer by displaying intrusive advertisements in the web browser which promote and trick users into installing other unwanted adware or malware. Once installed, it runs as a startup process in the background works by injecting into the browser ads on web pages that either do not normally appear or by replacing existing ads that are part of the existing site with ads from different companies with low quality offerings as well as malware. It works by monitoring and intercepting the user's web browser connections and injecting new content before the browser serve it up. (This is a variant of the CMI/WinCheck family of adware.)
Upon installation and setup, it defines an auto-start registry entry which makes this program run on each Windows boot for all user logins. The main program executable is bnszcd26.exe. Typically most users end up uninstalling this just after a few days.
- Possible malware installed by this program
- Automatically starts with Windows
- Displays unwanted advertisements
- The experts agree, you should remove it!
, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in Open Slideshow.
|bnszcd26.exe (053128ee1a8ef3a44d139f752f1bd98f) has been flagged by the following 11 scanners:|
||Adware ( 004c16021 )
||8/16/2015 rev. 1
Installation folder: C:\users\user\appdata\local\75dc5581-1430238921-11cb-ace6-b52a5a7e39cd
Files installed by Open Slideshow
|Program executable:||bnszcd26.exe (Malware detected)|
Startup File (All Users Run)
- bnszCD26.exe is loaded in the all users (HKLM) registry as a startup file name 'WinCheck' which loads as C:\users\user\appdata\Local\75DC5581-1430238921-11CB-ACE6-B52A5A7E39CD\bnszCD26.exe.
How do I remove Open Slideshow?
Quickly and completely remove Open Slideshow from your computer by downloading "Should I Remove It?", its 100% FREE and installs in seconds (click the button below).
Or, you can uninstall Open Slideshow from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
When you find the program Open Slideshow, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove Open Slideshow.
If for some reason uninstallation fails, please install Microsoft's uninstall fixer utility which will help fix problems with programs that can't be uninstalled at support.microsoft.com.
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
Scan your PC for malware
If you do not have a good anti-virus program, please consider installing one. Below are some we highly recommend.
HOW IT STARTS
Automatically starts? Yes
(Found in the run registry)
Uninstall it 76%
Keep it 24%
MOST USED OS
Windows 7 (SP1)
83.33% of installs come from the United States
Which countries install it?
| United States