Should I remove NVIDIA 3D Vision Driver?
What percent of users and experts removed it?
8% remove it92% keep it
What do people think about it?
(click star to rate)
How common is it?
NVIDIA 3D Vision Driver 296.49
What is NVIDIA 3D Vision Driver?
3D Vision is a stereoscopic gaming kit from Nvidia which consists of LC shutter glasses and driver software which enables stereoscopic vision for any Direct3D game, with various degrees of compatibility. There have been many examples of shutter glasses over the past decade, but the NVIDIA 3D Vision gaming kit introduced in 2008 introduced this technology to mainstream consumers and PC gamers. The stereo driver software can perform automatic stereoscopic conversion by using the 3D models submitted by the application and rendering two stereoscopic views instead of the standard mono view.
It adds a background controller service that is set to automatically run. Delaying the start of this service is possible through the service manager. The main program executable is nvSCPAPISvr.exe. The software installer includes 24 files and is usually about 23.59 MB (24,737,784 bytes).
Installation folder: C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision
Uninstaller: "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\RunDll32.EXE" "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Installer2\installer.0\NVI2.DLL",UninstallPackage Display.3DVision
Estimated size: 23.59 MB
Files installed by NVIDIA 3D Vision Driver 296.49
|Name:||Stereo Vision Control Panel API Server|
|Path:||C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision\nvSCPAPISvr.exe|
2 Google Chrome Plugins
- npnv3dvstreaming.dll is loaded in the Google Chrome web browser as 'npnv3dvstreaming.dll'.
- npnv3dv.dll is loaded in the Google Chrome web browser as 'npnv3dv.dll'.
2 Mozilla Plugins
- npnv3dvstreaming.dll is loaded into Mozilla Firefox under the product name 'NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision' with a plugin key of [email protected]/3DVisionStreaming' for all users of the PC.
- npnv3dv.dll is loaded into Mozilla Firefox under the product name 'NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision' with a plugin key of [email protected]/3DVision' for all users of the PC.
- nvSCPAPISvr.exe runs as a service named 'NVIDIA Stereoscopic 3D Driver Service' (Stereo Service) "Provides system support for NVIDIA Stereoscopic 3D driver".
Resource utilization averages
Show technical details
|I/O writes/min:||83 Bytes|
How do I remove NVIDIA 3D Vision Driver?
Quickly and completely remove NVIDIA 3D Vision Driver 296.49 from your computer by downloading "Should I Remove It?", its 100% FREE and installs in seconds (click the button below).
Or, you can uninstall NVIDIA 3D Vision Driver from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
When you find the program NVIDIA 3D Vision Driver 296.49, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove NVIDIA 3D Vision Driver.
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
How do I reset my web browser?
If your web browser homepage and search settings have been modfied by NVIDIA 3D Vision Driver 296.49 you can restore them to their previous default settings.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and click the Tools button, and then click Internet options.
- Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset. Select the Delete personal settings check box if you would also like to remove search providers, Accelerators and home pages. When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings, click Close, and then click OK.
- The changes will take effect the next time you open IE.
- At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button, go over to the Help sub-menu and select Troubleshooting Information.
- To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens. It will close and be reset.
- When it's done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click Finish and Firefox will open.
- Open Chrome and click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings. In the "Search" section, click Manage search engine. Check if (Default) is displayed next to your preferred search engine. If not, mouse over it and click Make default. Mouse over any other suspicious search engine entries that are not familiar and click X to remove them.
- When the "Show Home button" checkbox is selected, a web address appears below it. If you want the Homepage button to open up a different webpage, click Change to enter a link.
- Restart Google Chrome.
Win 7 (SP1) 90%
Win 7 10%
HOW IT RUNS
Windows Service? Yes
(Installs a service)
Uninstall it 8%
Keep it 92%
Which Windows OS versions does it run on?
Which OS releases does it run on?
|Windows 7 Ultimate
|Windows 7 Home Premium
|Windows 7 Professional
56.25% of installs come from the United States
Which countries install it?
| United States
| United Arab Emirates
What PC manufacturers (OEMs) have it installed?
|Apple Inc. MacBookPro10,1
|Parallels Software Intern...
|Apple Inc. MacBookAir3,1
Nvidia is known for its graphics processing units and dominates the high performance GPU market.
Publisher URL: www.nvidia.com