Should I remove Media Downloader?
What percent of users and experts removed it?
64% remove it36% keep it
What do people think about it?
Be the first to rate (click star to rate)
How common is it?
Upon installation, it defines an auto-start registry entry which allows the program run on each boot for the user which installed it. The main program executable is md.exe. A vast majority of those who have this installed end up removing it just after a couple weeks. The software installer includes 14 files and is usually about 41.41 MB (43,425,305 bytes). The program is built using the Nokia Qt cross-platforms native C++ framework. A majority of the PCs this is running on, most OS versions are Windows 7 (SP1). While about 83% of users of Media Downloader come from the United States, it is also popular in New Zealand.
Installation folder: C:\users\user\appdata\Local\Media Downloader
Uninstaller: "C:\users\user\appdata\Local\Media Downloader\upd.exe" --uninstall
Estimated size: 41.41 MB
Files installed by Media Downloader
Startup File (User Run)
- md.exe is loaded in the current user (HKCU) registry as an auto-starting executable named 'Media Downloader' and executes as "C:\users\user\appdata\Local\Media Downloader\md.exe" --hidden.
How do I remove Media Downloader?
Quickly and completely remove Media Downloader from your computer by downloading "Should I Remove It?", its 100% FREE and installs in seconds (click the button below).
Or, you can uninstall Media Downloader from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
When you find the program Media Downloader, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove Media Downloader.
If for some reason uninstallation fails, please install Microsoft's uninstall fixer utility which will help fix problems with programs that can't be uninstalled at support.microsoft.com.
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
WHEN IT STARTS
(Found in the run registry)
Uninstall it 64%
Keep it 36%
MOST USED OS
Windows 7 (SP1)
83.33% of installs come from the United States
Which countries install it?
| United States
| New Zealand