Should I remove Mapquest?
What percent of users and experts removed it?
20% remove it80% keep it
What do people think about it?
(click star to rate)
How common is it?
United States Rank #29,274
What is Mapquest?
Mapquest is an app for the Pokki desktop platform. The app itself runs as an embedded HTML5 program within the Pokki software outside of the web browser.
Upon installation, it defines an auto-start registry entry which allows the program run on each boot for the user which installed it. The software installer includes 20 files and is usually about 107.17 MB (112,377,620 bytes). HostAppServiceUpdater.exe is the automatic update component of the software designed to download and apply new updates should new versions be released.
Installation folder: C:\users\user\appdata\local\pokki\engine
Uninstaller: "C:\users\user\appdata\Local\Pokki\Engine\HostAppService.exe" /UNINSTALLd6c3772aeee3b7310727490e031a798258ac0057
Estimated size: 107.17 MB
Files installed by Mapquest
2 Scheduled Tasks (Boot/Login)
- HostAppServiceUpdater.exe is automatically launched at startup through a scheduled task named Pokki.
- ServiceHostAppUpdater.exe is automatically launched at startup through a scheduled task named Pokki.
2 Startup Files (User Run)
- Launcher.dll is loaded in the current user (HKCU) registry as an auto-starting executable named 'Pokki' and executes as C:\Windows\System32\rundll32.exe "C:\users\user\appdata\Local\Pokki\Engine\Launcher.dll",RunLaunchPlatform.
- HostAppServiceUpdater.exe is loaded in the current user (HKCU) registry as an auto-starting executable named 'Pokki' and executes as "C:\users\user\appdata\Local\Pokki\Engine\HostAppServiceUpdater.exe" /LOGON.
2 Startup Files (User Run Once)
- HostAppService.exe is loaded once in the current user (HKCU) registry as a startup file name 'Application Restart #11' which loads as C:\users\user\appdata\Local\Pokki\Engine\HostAppService.exe --disable-internal-flash --noerrdialogs --no-message-box --disable-extensions --disable-web-security --disable-web-resources --disable-clie.
- ServiceHostApp.exe is loaded once in the current user (HKCU) registry as a startup file name 'Application Restart #6' which loads as C:\users\user\appdata\Local\Pokki\Engine\ServiceHostApp.exe --disable-internal-flash --noerrdialogs --no-message-box --disable-extensions --disable-web-security --disable-web-resources --disable-clie.
Resource utilization averages
Show technical details
|I/O reads/min:||12.54 KB|
|I/O writes/min:||2.31 KB|
|I/O reads/min:||109.91 KB|
|I/O writes/min:||106.14 KB|
How do I remove Mapquest?
Quickly and completely remove Mapquest from your computer by downloading "Should I Remove It?", its 100% FREE and installs in seconds (click the button below).
Or, you can uninstall Mapquest from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
When you find the program Mapquest, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove Mapquest.
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
WHEN IT STARTS
(Found in the run registry)
Uninstall it 20%
Keep it 80%
MOST USED OS
93.94% of installs come from the United States
Which countries install it?
| United States
What PC manufacturers (OEMs) have it installed?
|TOSHIBA Satellite C875
|TOSHIBA Satellite C55-A
SweetLabs has two platforms, Pokki, a platform which brings media-rich web apps to the desktop and the OpenCandy Software Network, which offers installer based software bundles through the download and installation process.
Publisher URL: www.pokki.com