Should I remove LookForIt?
What percent of users and experts removed it?
84% remove it16% keep it
What do people think about it?
(click star to rate)
How common is it?
from Revizer Technologies
What is LookForIt?
LookForIt is an adware web browser extension/plugin for Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome that's primary purpose is to inject advertising in the web browser. Advertising is injected in the form of banner ads that are automatically placed in various spots of the browser that would not normally appear. Also, advertisments may include additional display ads, coupons, popups, price comparision and in-line text hyper links. The software will add a proxy server that sits in between the browser and the internet so that it can track web pages visited and the context of the page asn inject these ads. Additionally, the plugin will modify the browser's and operating system's functionality and will install an enable the plugin using a protection feature. The protection feature will prevent 3rd party programs including anti-virus programs from disabling the ad-serving proxy server.
About (from Revizer Technologies)
The Plug-in and Services are sponsored by third party advertisements and commercial offers and may also contain links to third parties websites, advertisements, products, offers, applications and more (“Third Party Content”). By downloading and using the Plug-in you give your consent to display to you such Third Party ... Read more
- Malware detected in the program
- Starts automatically
- Adds a background Windows Service
- Delivered through a thrid-party offer
- Most users and experts agree, you should remove it!
, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in LookForIt.
|LookForIt_up.exe (9673e9bb4459246f9520b5c7f76f84da) has been flagged by the following 5 scanners:|
||a variant of Win32/AdWare.AddLyrics.AF
|LookForIt_wd.exe (ed76681d8adb8caee9f463e6e69600ab) has been flagged by the following 2 scanners:|
|Anti-Virus software||Software version||Detection|
||a variant of Win32/AdWare.AD150.A
LookForIt has been found to be bundled with 3rd party software. If you have not purposefully installed this, you should be safe uninstalling it.
Find out how to remove LookForIt.
Displayed publisher: LookForIt software
Installation folder: C:\Program Files\lookforit
Uninstaller: C:\Program Files\LookForIt\Uninstall.exe
Estimated size: 1.28 MB
Files installed by LookForIt
|Program executable:||LookForIt_up.exe (Malware detected)|
2 Scheduled Tasks
- LookForIt_wd.exe is scheduled as a task named 'LookForIt_wd' (runs daily at 1:41 PM).
- LookForIt_up.exe is scheduled as a task named 'LookForIt Update' (runs daily at 1:30 PM).
2 Scheduled Tasks (Boot/Login)
- LookForIt_wd.exe is automatically launched at startup through a scheduled task named LookForIt_wd.
- LookForIt_up.exe is automatically launched at startup through a scheduled task named LookForIt Update.
- LookForIt155.exe runs as a service named 'LookForIt' (LookForIt).
How do I remove LookForIt?
Quickly and completely remove LookForIt from your computer by downloading "Should I Remove It?", its 100% FREE and installs in seconds (click the button below).
Or, you can uninstall LookForIt from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
When you find the program LookForIt, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove LookForIt.
If for some reason uninstallation fails, please install Microsoft's uninstall fixer utility which will help fix problems with programs that can't be uninstalled at support.microsoft.com.
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
Scan your PC for malware
If you do not have a good anti-virus program, please consider installing one. Below are some we highly recommend.
HOW IT RUNS
Windows Service? Yes
(Installs a service)
Uninstall it 84%
Keep it 16%
MOST USED OS
Windows 7 (SP1)
100.00% of installs come from the United States
Which countries install it?