Should I remove Lecteur Windows Media 11?
What percent of users and experts removed it?
5% remove it95% keep it
What do people think about it?
(click star to rate)
How common is it?
Global Rank #4,135
United States Rank #39,175
Installation trends (last 30 days)
Lifespan of installation (until removal)
< 5.44 days
160.54 days >
Average installed length: 84.35 days
Lecteur Windows Media 11
What is Lecteur Windows Media 11? (from Microsoft)
Obtenez le Lecteur Windows Media pour votre version de Windows ou découvrez comment lire des fichiers Windows Media sur votre Mac. Obtenez de l'aide et des procédures relatives à votre version du Lecteur, notamment des informations sur les fonctionnalités, la résolution de problèmes, etc. Personnalisez votre Lecteur av... Read more
Lecteur Windows Media 11 is a software program developed by Microsoft. During setup, the program creates a startup registration point in Windows in order to automatically start when any user boots the PC. Upon being installed, the software adds a Windows Service which is designed to run continuously in the background. Manually stopping the service has been seen to cause the program to stop functing properly. It adds a background controller service that is set to automatically run. Delaying the start of this service is possible through the service manager. A scheduled task is added to Windows Task Scheduler in order to launch the program at various scheduled times (the schedule varies depending on the version). The software is designed to connect to the Internet and adds a Windows Firewall exception in order to do so without being interfered with. The primary executable is named wmplayer.exe. The setup package generally installs about 69 files and is usually about 12.89 MB (13,514,953 bytes). Relative to the overall usage of users who have this installed on their PCs, most are running Windows XP and Windows XP. While about 69% of users of Lecteur Windows Media 11 come from France, it is also popular in Canada and MA.
Installation folder: C:\Program Files\windows media player
Uninstaller: "C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\Setup_wm.exe" /Uninstall
Estimated size: 12.89 MB
Files installed by Lecteur Windows Media 11
|Name:||Système d'exploitation Microsoft® Windows®|
|Windows Media Player|
|Path:||C:\Program Files\windows media player\wmplayer.exe|
2 Autoplay Handlers
- wmplayer.exe is registered as an AutoPlay event handler named 'IviDVDEventHandler' with the ProgID of 'DVD' and the action verb 'play.
- wmlaunch.exe is registered as an AutoPlay event handler (Power2GoPlayCDAudioOnArrival).
3 Google Chrome Plugins
- npwmsdrm.dll is loaded in the Google Chrome web browser as 'npwmsdrm.dll'.
- npdrmv2.dll is loaded in the Google Chrome web browser as 'npdrmv2.dll'.
- npdsplay.dll is loaded in the Google Chrome web browser as 'npdsplay.dll'.
2 Scheduled Tasks
- wmplayer.exe is scheduled as a task named 'Windows Media Player' (runs daily at 18:42:00).
- wmpnscfg.exe is scheduled as a task named 'UpdateLibrary'.
- wmpnetwk.exe runs as a service named 'Servizio di condivisione in rete Windows Media Player' (WMPNetworkSvc) "Consente di condividere il Catalogo multimediale di Windows Media Player con altri lettori e dispositivi multimediali in rete mediante Universal Plug and Play".
Startup File (User Run)
- wmpnscfg.exe is loaded in the current user (HKCU) registry as an auto-starting executable named 'WMPNSCFG' and executes as C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe.
2 Startup Files (User Run Once)
- wmdbexport.exe is loaded once in the current user (HKCU) registry as a startup file name 'WMC_WMPDBExport' which loads as C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmdbexport.exe.
- setup_wm.exe is loaded once in the current user (HKCU) registry as a startup file name 'Application Restart #1' which loads as C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\setup_wm.exe "C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\setup_wm.exe" /RunOncC:"C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe" "C:\Users\aarons.
Startup File (All Users Run)
- wmpnscfg.exe is loaded in the all users (HKLM) registry as a startup file name 'WMPNSCFG' which loads as C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe.
10 Windows Firewall Allowed Programs
- wmpnetwk.exe is added as a firewall exception for 'C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnetwk.exe'.
- wmplayer.exe is added as a firewall exception for 'C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe'.
- mplayer2.exe is added as a firewall exception for 'C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\mplayer2.exe'.
- wmsetsdk.exe is added as a firewall exception for 'C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmsetsdk.exe'.
- migrate.exe is added as a firewall exception for 'C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\migrate.exe'.
- wmpshare.exe is added as a firewall exception for 'C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpshare.exe'.
Plus 4 more
Resource utilization averages
Show technical details
|I/O reads/min:||29 Bytes|
|I/O writes/min:||6 Bytes|
|I/O reads/min:||7.25 MB|
|I/O writes/min:||2.93 KB|
|I/O reads/min:||5.21 KB|
|I/O writes/min:||349 Bytes|
How do I remove Lecteur Windows Media 11?
Quickly and completely remove Lecteur Windows Media 11 from your computer by downloading "Should I Remove It?", its 100% FREE and installs in seconds (click the button below).
Or, you can uninstall Lecteur Windows Media 11 from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
When you find the program Lecteur Windows Media 11, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove Lecteur Windows Media 11.
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
How do I reset my web browser?
If your web browser homepage and search settings have been modfied by Lecteur Windows Media 11 you can restore them to their previous default settings.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and click the Tools button, and then click Internet options.
- Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset. Select the Delete personal settings check box if you would also like to remove search providers, Accelerators and home pages. When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings, click Close, and then click OK.
- The changes will take effect the next time you open IE.
- At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button, go over to the Help sub-menu and select Troubleshooting Information.
- To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens. It will close and be reset.
- When it's done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click Finish and Firefox will open.
- Open Chrome and click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings. In the "Search" section, click Manage search engine. Check if (Default) is displayed next to your preferred search engine. If not, mouse over it and click Make default. Mouse over any other suspicious search engine entries that are not familiar and click X to remove them.
- When the "Show Home button" checkbox is selected, a web address appears below it. If you want the Homepage button to open up a different webpage, click Change to enter a link.
- Restart Google Chrome.
Win XP 96%
Win 8 0%
HOW IT STARTS
Automatically starts? Yes
(Found in the run registry)
Uninstall it 5%
Keep it 95%
Which Windows OS versions does it run on?
Which OS releases does it run on?
|Microsoft Windows XP
|Windows 7 Home Premium
|Windows 7 Professional
|Windows Vista Home Premiu...
|Microsoft Windows ME
|Windows 10 Home
68.81% of installs come from France
Which countries install it?
| United States
| United Kingdom
What PC manufacturers (OEMs) have it installed?
|Dell OptiPlex GX620 ...
|Dell OptiPlex 745 ...
|Dell Latitude D610
|HP Compaq dc7600 Small Fo...
Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses and supports a variety of products and services related to computing.
Publisher URL: www.microsoft.com