Should I remove LavaGuard Toolbar?
What percent of users and experts removed it?
58% remove it42% keep it
What do people think about it?
(click star to rate)
How common is it?
What is LavaGuard Toolbar?
LavaGuard Toolbar was the beta name for the Ad-Aware Security Toolbar. Ad-Aware Security Toolbar constantly checks sites against a constantly updated list of reported phishing and malware infected sites and provides real-time browsing protection against the latest web-based exploits, from back door Trojans to phishing sites.
About (from Lavasoft)
Since the start, Lavasoft’s focus has been to protect your privacy and to build tools that remove annoying malware and spyware programs. Historically, many toolbars have been included in the list of programs we remove. These toolbars used to control the search results, modify user experience and track browsing activiti... Read more
- Integrates into the web browser
Installation folder: C:\Program Files\lavaguardtb
Uninstaller: C:\Program Files\lavaguardtb\uninstall.exe
Estimated size: 2.36 MB
Files installed by LavaGuard Toolbar
How do I remove LavaGuard Toolbar?
Quickly and completely remove LavaGuard Toolbar from your computer by downloading "Should I Remove It?", its 100% FREE and installs in seconds (click the button below).
Or, you can uninstall LavaGuard Toolbar from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
When you find the program LavaGuard Toolbar, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove LavaGuard Toolbar.
If for some reason uninstallation fails, please install Microsoft's uninstall fixer utility which will help fix problems with programs that can't be uninstalled at support.microsoft.com.
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
How do I reset my web browser?
If your web browser homepage and search settings have been modfied by LavaGuard Toolbar you can restore them to their previous default settings.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and click the Tools button, and then click Internet options.
- Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset. Select the Delete personal settings check box if you would also like to remove search providers, Accelerators and home pages. When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings, click Close, and then click OK.
- The changes will take effect the next time you open IE.
- At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button, go over to the Help sub-menu and select Troubleshooting Information.
- To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens. It will close and be reset.
- When it's done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click Finish and Firefox will open.
- Open Chrome and click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings. In the "Search" section, click Manage search engine. Check if (Default) is displayed next to your preferred search engine. If not, mouse over it and click Make default. Mouse over any other suspicious search engine entries that are not familiar and click X to remove them.
- When the "Show Home button" checkbox is selected, a web address appears below it. If you want the Homepage button to open up a different webpage, click Change to enter a link.
- Restart Google Chrome.
Uninstall it 58%
Keep it 42%
MOST USED OS
Windows 7 (SP1)
62.50% of installs come from the United States
Which countries install it?
| United States
| United Kingdom
What PC manufacturers (OEMs) have it installed?
|Hewlett-Packard Compaq 61...
|HP Pavilion P6000 Series
Lavasoft is a development company that produces anti-spyware software, most known for Ad-Aware.
Publisher URL: www.lavasoft.com