Should I remove IObit Smart Defrag 2?
What percent of users and experts removed it?
11% remove it89% keep it
What do people think about it?
(click star to rate)
How common is it?
IObit Smart Defrag 2
What is IObit Smart Defrag 2? (from IObit)
Smart Defrag 2 is a FREE disk defrag tool designed for maximum hard drive performance. Based on IObit latest disk defrag engine and "Boot Time Disk Defrag" technology, Smart Defrag 2 is created with the world's leading defragmentation ability. It not only provides defragmentation, but also intelligently streamlines y... Read more
IObit Smart Defrag 2 is a program developed by IObit. Upon installation and setup, it defines an auto-start registry entry which makes this program run on each Windows boot for all user logins. A scheduled task is added to Windows Task Scheduler in order to launch the program at various scheduled times (the schedule varies depending on the version). The software is designed to connect to the Internet and adds a Windows Firewall exception in order to do so without being interfered with. The programs's main executable is smartdefrag.exe and has been seen to consume an average CPU of less than one percent, and utilizes about 17.27 MB of memory. It also adds an icon to the Windows notifications area in order to provide access to the program. The software installer includes 8 files and is usually about 13.03 MB (13,663,083 bytes). AutoUpdate.exe is the automatic update component of the software designed to download and apply new updates should new versions be released. A majority of the PCs this is running on, most OS versions are Windows 7 (SP1). While about 83% of users of IObit Smart Defrag 2 come from the United States, it is also popular in Japan.
Installation folder: C:\Program Files\IObit\Smart Defrag 2\
Uninstaller: "C:\Program Files\IObit\Smart Defrag 2\unins000.exe"
Estimated size: 13.03 MB
Files installed by IObit Smart Defrag 2
|Smart Defrag v2|
|Signed by:||IObit Information Technology|
|Path:||C:\Program Files\iobit\smart defrag 2\smartdefrag.exe|
|Taskbar:||Displays an icon in the notification area|
|Smart Defrag v2 is a common module used by a number of IObit products.|
2 Scheduled Tasks
- SmartDefrag.exe is scheduled as a task named 'SmartDefrag_Schedule' (runs weekly on Mondays at 22:00:00).
- AutoUpdate.exe is scheduled as a task named 'C:\WINDOWS\Tasks\SmartDefragUpdate.job'.
2 Scheduled Tasks (Boot/Login)
- SmartDefrag.exe is automatically launched at startup through a scheduled task named SmartDefrag_Startup.
- AutoUpdate.exe is automatically launched at startup through a scheduled task named SmartDefragUpdate.
Startup File (All Users Run)
- SmartDefrag.exe is loaded in the all users (HKLM) registry as a startup file name 'Smart Defrag 2' which loads as "C:\Program Files\IObit\Smart Defrag 2\SmartDefrag.exe" /STARTUP.
Windows Firewall Allowed Program
- unins000.exe is added as a firewall exception for 'C:\Program Files\IObit\Smart Defrag 2\unins000.exe'.
Resource utilization averages
Show technical details
|I/O reads/min:||444.23 KB|
How do I remove IObit Smart Defrag 2?
Quickly and completely remove IObit Smart Defrag 2 from your computer by downloading "Should I Remove It?", its 100% FREE and installs in seconds (click the button below).
Or, you can uninstall IObit Smart Defrag 2 from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
When you find the program IObit Smart Defrag 2, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove IObit Smart Defrag 2.
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
HOW IT STARTS
Automatically starts? Yes
(Found in the run registry)
Uninstall it 11%
Keep it 89%
MOST USED OS
Windows 7 (SP1)
83.33% of installs come from the United States
Which countries install it?
| United States
About (from IObit)
Founded in 2004 by two creative and enthusiastic programmers, IObit is focused on providing consumers with innovative and comprehensive system utilities and security software for superior PC performance and security.
Publisher URL: www.iobit.com