Should I remove IBM ThinkPad EasyEject Utility?
What percent of users and experts removed it?
8% remove it92% keep it
What do people think about it?
(click star to rate)
How common is it?
Global Rank #47,010
United States Rank #37,765
IBM ThinkPad EasyEject Utility
What is IBM ThinkPad EasyEject Utility?
The ThinkPad EasyEject Utility comes pre-installed on Lenovo ThinkPads is an alternative to using Windows' Safely Remove Hardware feature and enables users to remove multiple devices quickly from your notebook.
The most common release is 2.04, with over 98% of all installations currently using this version. During setup, the program creates a startup registration point in Windows in order to automatically start when any user boots the PC. A scheduled task is added to Windows Task Scheduler in order to launch the program at various scheduled times (the schedule varies depending on the version). The primary executable is named ezejapp.exe. The setup package generally installs about 87 files and is usually about 13.97 MB (14,650,547 bytes).
Installation folder: C:\Program Files\thinkpad\utilities
Uninstaller: C:\WINDOWS\IsUninst.exe -fC:\Program Files1\ThinkPad\UTILIT~1\Unezej.isu -c"C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\Utilities\Tpinsej.dll"
Estimated size: 13.97 MB
Files installed by IBM ThinkPad EasyEject Utility
|Name:||IBM ThinkPad EasyEject Utility|
- BMMTASK.EXE is scheduled as a task named 'BMMTask' (runs when idle).
6 Startup Files (All Users Run)
- TpKmapMn.exe is loaded in the all users (HKLM) registry as a startup file name 'TPKMAPMN' which loads as C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\Utilities\TpKmapMn.exe.
- EzEjMnAp.Exe is loaded in the all users (HKLM) registry as a startup file name 'EZEJMNAP' which loads as C:\Program Files1\ThinkPad\UTILIT~1\EzEjMnAp.Exe.
- PWRMONIT.DLL is loaded in the all users (HKLM) registry as a startup file name 'BMMGAG' which loads as RunDll32 C:\Program Files1\ThinkPad\UTILIT~1\pwrmonit.dll,StartPwrMonitor.
- NPDTRAY.EXE is loaded in the all users (HKLM) registry as a startup file name 'NPDTray' which loads as C:\Program Files1\ThinkPad\UTILIT~1\NPDTray.exe.
- TpKmapAp.exe is loaded in the all users (HKLM) registry as a startup file name 'TPKMAPHELPER' which loads as C:\Program Files\ThinkPad\Utilities\TpKmapAp.exe -helper.
- BATINFEX.DLL is loaded in the all users (HKLM) registry as a startup file name 'BMMMONWND' which loads as rundll32.exe C:\Program Files1\ThinkPad\UTILIT~1\BatInfEx.dll,BMMAutonomicMonitor.
How do I remove IBM ThinkPad EasyEject Utility?
Quickly and completely remove IBM ThinkPad EasyEject Utility from your computer by downloading "Should I Remove It?", its 100% FREE and installs in seconds (click the button below).
Or, you can uninstall IBM ThinkPad EasyEject Utility from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
When you find the program IBM ThinkPad EasyEject Utility, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove IBM ThinkPad EasyEject Utility.
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
PC BRAND OF CHOICE
HOW IT STARTS
Automatically starts? Yes
(Found in the run registry)
Uninstall it 8%
Keep it 92%
Which Windows OS versions does it run on?
67.57% of installs come from the United States
Which countries install it?
| United States
International Business Machines (IBM) manufactures computer hardware and software, and offers infrastructure, hosting and consulting services in areas ranging from mainframe computers to nanotechnology.
Publisher URL: www.ibm.com