Should I remove GasGlance Toolbar Chrome Extension?
What percent of users and experts removed it?
70% remove it30% keep it
What do people think about it?
(click star to rate)
How common is it?
GasGlance Toolbar Chrome Extension
What is GasGlance Toolbar Chrome Extension?
From the Terms of Service: "As part of the download process for the Toolbar, you may be given the option to reset your Internet browser's homepage to an Ask homepage product and/or reset your new tab page to an Ask new tab product. If you do not wish to reset your homepage and/or new tab page to the Ask homepage and/or Ask new tab product(s), you can decline/opt-out of these features by checking or unchecking the appropriate box(es) during the download process for the Toolbar."
About (from Mindspark Interactive Network)
The My Web Search Toolbar, in the course of processing a given search query, sends a request to our servers. This request includes the keyword query, time of day, browser type, default language setting, IP address, an anonymous unique ID, and a code which identifies the marketing or distribution source of the toolbar u... Read more
The primary executable is named GasGlanceCrxSetup.exe. Many users end up uninstalling this after less than a month of it being installed. The setup package is about 1014.39 KB (1,038,737 bytes) when donwloaded.
- Malware detected in the program
- Integrates into the web browser
- The wisdom of the experts agree, if you don't use it you should remove it!
, multiple anti-virus scanners have detected possible malware in GasGlance Toolbar Chrome Extension.
|GasGlanceCrxSetup.exe (b4b99f58685e084d7743c442dfce6a42) has been flagged by the following 4 scanners:|
||MyWebSearch.J (v) (not malicious)
Installation folder: C:\Program Files\gasglance_5i chrome extension\bar
Uninstaller: C:\Program Files\GasGlance_5i Chrome Extension\bar\GasGlanceCrxSetup.exe /u
Estimated size: 1014.39 KB
Files installed by GasGlance Toolbar Chrome Extension
|Program executable:||GasGlanceCrxSetup.exe (Malware detected)|
|Path:||C:\Program Files\gasglance_5i chrome extension\bar\GasGlanceCrxSetup.exe|
How do I remove GasGlance Toolbar Chrome Extension?
Quickly and completely remove GasGlance Toolbar Chrome Extension from your computer by downloading "Should I Remove It?", its 100% FREE and installs in seconds (click the button below).
Or, you can uninstall GasGlance Toolbar Chrome Extension from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
When you find the program GasGlance Toolbar Chrome Extension, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove GasGlance Toolbar Chrome Extension.
If for some reason uninstallation fails, please install Microsoft's uninstall fixer utility which will help fix problems with programs that can't be uninstalled at support.microsoft.com.
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
How do I reset my web browser?
If your web browser homepage and search settings have been modfied by GasGlance Toolbar Chrome Extension you can restore them to their previous default settings.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and click the Tools button, and then click Internet options.
- Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset. Select the Delete personal settings check box if you would also like to remove search providers, Accelerators and home pages. When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings, click Close, and then click OK.
- The changes will take effect the next time you open IE.
- At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button, go over to the Help sub-menu and select Troubleshooting Information.
- To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens. It will close and be reset.
- When it's done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click Finish and Firefox will open.
- Open Chrome and click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings. In the "Search" section, click Manage search engine. Check if (Default) is displayed next to your preferred search engine. If not, mouse over it and click Make default. Mouse over any other suspicious search engine entries that are not familiar and click X to remove them.
- When the "Show Home button" checkbox is selected, a web address appears below it. If you want the Homepage button to open up a different webpage, click Change to enter a link.
- Restart Google Chrome.
Scan your PC for malware
If you do not have a good anti-virus program, please consider installing one. Below are some we highly recommend.
Uninstall it 70%
Keep it 30%
MOST USED OS
Windows 7 (SP1)
100.00% of installs come from the United States
Which countries install it?
About Mindspark Interactive Network
Mindspark is a business unit of IAC that focuses on interactive products and web portals and operates IAC's interactive products and web portals such as Life123, Myway.
Publisher URL: www.mindspark.com