Should I remove Freecorder 3 Toolbar for IE?
What percent of users and experts removed it?
84% remove it16% keep it
What do people think about it?
(click star to rate)
How common is it?
Freecorder 3 Toolbar for IE
from Client Connect LTD
What is Freecorder 3 Toolbar for IE?
Freecorder 3 Toolbar (powerd by the Trovi platform) is a browser toolbar that will modify the web browser's home page, search provider and new tab pages by setting setting it to trovi.com (or a parnter website). Changes to the browser include the following:
- Change of the default home page and new tabs and protect your search settings (by installing the Search Protect software)
- Change of the default search engine in your Internet Browser, including the browser's built-in search box
- Allow cookies to be installed in the browser
- Allowing Trovi access to information contained on your social network account
- Addition of alternative error page functionality, such as “Page Not Found”
About (from Client Connect LTD)
As part of the installation process of the Toolbar, we may change your Internet Browser settings and/or provide you with the ability to opt to make changes to your Internet Browser settings and/or your mobile device settings and/or your social network account settings. By Using the Trovi Software, you agree that you ha... Read more
- Integrates into the web browser
- Built on and distributed using the Conduit toolbar
- Typically distributed through a pay-per-install bundle
- Hijacks the web browser's home page
- Hijacks the browser's default search provider
- Most users and experts agree, you should remove it!
- Remove Freecorder 3 Toolbar for IE with Reason Core Security.
Freecorder 3 Toolbar for IE has been found to be bundled with 3rd party software. If you have not purposefully installed this, you should be safe uninstalling it.
Find out how to remove Freecorder 3 Toolbar for IE.
Displayed publisher: Freecorder 3
Help link: Freecorder3.Media-Toolbar.com/help
Installation folder: C:\ProgramData\tbccint\ie\ct2463011
Uninstaller: "C:\ProgramData\Tbccint\IE\CT2463011\UninstallerUI.exe" -ctid=CT2463011 -toolbarName=Freecorder 3 -toolbarEnv=conduit -type=IE -origin=AddRemove -user
Estimated size: 1.66 MB
This is a Community Toolbar by Conduit, what does that mean?
Conduit is a toolbar monetization platform for software publishers. It provides a utility for developers to create branded generic web browser toolbars. Publishers can bundle these toolbars with their software programs or provide access to download them separately through Freecorder3.Media-Toolbar.com. Once installed, the toolbar modifies the browser's home page and search settings in order to redirect searches through the Conduit portal (which utilizes Bing or Yahoo! Search engines). Read more...Each publisher enters into a 'Publisher Agreement' with Conduit which defines the revenue structure, known as the 'incentive amount', to be paid each calendar month in which the user has an active toolbar installed. Typically payout is based on the geographic origin of the user and ranges from $2 for a US user per month to just a few cents for other countries. Is it considered dangerous? Well, it's not malware or even spyware, however it changes the browser’s search provider in order to display, but if you read the EULA that is mentioned and presumably agreed on when installing. Users should decide if you need the functionality the toolbar has to offer. But remember, if you uninstall it make sure you reset your web browser, see how.
Files installed by Freecorder 3 Toolbar for IE
How do I remove Freecorder 3 Toolbar for IE?
Quickly and completely remove Freecorder 3 Toolbar for IE from your computer by downloading "Should I Remove It?", its 100% FREE and installs in seconds (click the button below).
Or, you can uninstall Freecorder 3 Toolbar for IE from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
When you find the program Freecorder 3 Toolbar for IE, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove Freecorder 3 Toolbar for IE.
If for some reason uninstallation fails, please install Microsoft's uninstall fixer utility which will help fix problems with programs that can't be uninstalled at support.microsoft.com.
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
How do I reset my web browser?
If your web browser homepage and search settings have been modfied by Freecorder 3 Toolbar for IE you can restore them to their previous default settings.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and click the Tools button, and then click Internet options.
- Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset. Select the Delete personal settings check box if you would also like to remove search providers, Accelerators and home pages. When Internet Explorer finishes applying default settings, click Close, and then click OK.
- The changes will take effect the next time you open IE.
- At the top of the Firefox window, click the Firefox button, go over to the Help sub-menu and select Troubleshooting Information.
- To continue, click Reset Firefox in the confirmation window that opens. It will close and be reset.
- When it's done, a window will list the information that was imported. Click Finish and Firefox will open.
- Open Chrome and click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings. In the "Search" section, click Manage search engine. Check if (Default) is displayed next to your preferred search engine. If not, mouse over it and click Make default. Mouse over any other suspicious search engine entries that are not familiar and click X to remove them.
- When the "Show Home button" checkbox is selected, a web address appears below it. If you want the Homepage button to open up a different webpage, click Change to enter a link.
- Restart Google Chrome.